Will the LeBron-Davis duo win another title?

• Owner

One championship, first season together.  Second season filled with injuries.

LeBron doesn't have many more years in his back pocket, and who knows how patient the Lakers' front office will be with AD as his absences pile up.

Will the LeBron and AD duo win another ring?  Will they split up?  What's in store for the two superstars over the next 1-3 years?

I'm going to say no and it's not because of LeBron but because of Davis. 

I don't have faith in him staying healthy and even if he does, he looks like a really old version of his New Orleans self. I think he won't be able to give LeBron the help that he needs as he winds down his career. He took such a steep drop off this year that I don't have any faith in the Lakers core going forward. It is a problem when a 36 year old, 18 year vet LeBron looks to be aging better than the 28 year old Davis who was supposed to take over the reigns for LeBron.

Then not to mention the supporting cast just isn't up to par. I don't see this Lakers core winning another title unless they do some serious tinkering to the lineup this offseason. And even with tinkering what can they realistically do? Its not like they have cap room or valuable trade chips.

As much as I'd like to see it happen, I'm leaning no as well. I will say it is crazy how quick many forget they were 21-7 until Davis aggravated the Achilles injury. Before that, there weren’t many folks saying they didn’t like how the roster was constructed. Sure, it was a bit messy, and they ultimately lacked shooting, but to me, it boiled down to injuries. 

The goal is to win a title and they’ve won one. With Davis and LeBron, you have a chance and that's the whole point, you hope you have a chance. I certainly hope it happens but am not counting on it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Owner

It's no secret that I'm not much of a LeBron fan, so I'll go ahead and make my post regarding what the team should do...

Offer LeBron for Damian Lillard.

Of course, it would never happen, because the FO will cater to him for the rest of his career.  He'll retire in LA.  But I can dream, right?

I don't see them offering AD up to anyone, either.  If LBJ and AD aren't running it back next season, something happened between the two that we didn't hear about.