Will Ben Simmons be Back with the Sixers Next Season?

After one of the most embarrassing performances from a supposed top player in the NBA where Simmons was afraid to even shoot the ball (didn't take a FG in the 4th quarter of games 4-7 if I remember correctly) and setting the NBA record for worst FT% in a playoff run.

He clearly has his strengths. He is a phenomenal defender everywhere on the floor and is great at grabbing a rebound and pushing the floor to get a mismatch in transition. However, his complete lack of ability to do anything in the half court offense and his terrible fit alongside Joel Embiid clogging up the paint for him and forcing him to the perimeter is clearly not working.

However, if you trade him now you are dumping him at an all time low value.  Problem is if you hold onto him you are definitely going to piss off Embiid because I get the impression that he is fed up with Simmons and its clear that duo isn't working.

It is going to be an interesting offseason in Philly.

• Owner

He'll be the toughest player to trade this offseason, hands down.  Not even close.  He's owed for 4 years of his 5-year, $170 million extension he signed in the summer of 2019.  That means he's making around $33 million next season, and in 2024/25, approx. $40 million.  Oh, and that extension doesn't include any options (team or player).

Philly needs to find a legitimate #2.  Shop Harris with one of the young guys + a pick and see what all bites.

But I guess you really never know anymore.  If Philly is really worried about Embiid asking for a trade, they'll send Simmons packing, obviously.  At that point, we'll be asking what team will take on that contract and that can make it work with him in their five.