Toronto @ Indiana

• 5 months later...

With both Charlotte and Miami losing tonight, the Raptors need a win against the Pacers tomorrow to increase their lead on both of these teams in the race for 5th.

Also, Chicago looks like they will probably pick up a win tomorrow night as well, considering they are playing the Clippers at home. That makes it even more important that the Raptors take care of business against the Pacers.

Last I heard, Turkoglu is going to be basically a game time decision with his small orbital bone fracture, but the Raptors really didn't need him on Sunday against the Pacers. If both Wright and Weems play like they have been recently, I don't think that they will really need Turkoglu all that much tomorrow, either.

Bosh needs to get Granger in foul trouble early, like he did on Sunday. If the Pacers want to go small and have Granger guard Bosh, the Raptors need to exploit that matchup, like they did on Sunday.

Lastly, and probably the most obvious comment to make, but the Raptors need to guard the 3 point line. They did a relatively poor job of closing out on shooters on Sunday and it almost bit them in the [expletive]. If you guard the 3 point line effectively, you basically guarntee yourself a victory because Indy doesn't have anybody who you need to actually worry about down low.

To be honest though, I probably won't be watching much of this game as I will most likely be tuning into the Leafs game instead. I'm more interested in seeing Dion Phaneuf and JS Giguere make their Leaf debuts than watching this inevitable chuck fest.

PS: Am I the only one who is extremely happy that this is the last game of the season series between these two teams? I find Raptor-Pacer games to be absolutely painful to watch.

Sounds like Turkoglu will not play tonight and Marco Belinelli will get the start in his place.

I like putting Belinelli into the starting lineup as he is a somewhat similar player to Turkoglu (ball handler, shooter and can create). Wright has been playing really well off of the bench, so I like keeping him there.

I didn't really watch any of this game aside from maybe 5 minutes, but this looks exactly like the kind of game the Raptors were playing earlier in the season. Absolutely no defensive resistance and just trying to match the Pacers bucket for bucket. Bosh and Bargnani look like they played well. Is it just me or does it seem like whenever Bargnani has good scoring numbers on good shooting he rarely gets any rebounds?

Oh well, it would've been nice to see the Raptors win this game considering Miami and Charlotte both lost last night, but this loss doesn't surprise me. The Raptors were bound to lose a game sooner or later. A 5 game winning streak is nice, but, realistically, that is about as high of a winning streak that I would expect from an average to slightly above average team like Toronto.

At least the Leafs won 3-0 over New Jersey. :)

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Overall points form the game

- Bosh played excellent, man possessed

- Bargnani had trouble on Hibbert to start the game, then when he got into him, Hibbert was already in a rhythm and hitting tougher shots

- Andrea was dirty in the 3rd, too bad the rest of the team couldn't defend. This after after Bosh picked up 3 quick fouls.

- Belinelli started very well but when the Raptors made a run near the middle of the 4th, Beli was ice cold

- The point guards were pretty bad. Jose got hurt, and didn't return. Jack was awful and Jose wasn't much better. Even when Banks played he chucked.

- Sonny had a lot of troubles on Granger.

- Wright was okay, but with Sonny playing bad and Belinelli going ice cold, he was left to help out and he couldn't do it.

- Amir and Jose have a nice chemistry and Amir wasn't too bad

- The Refs were inconsistent. Not really bad calls, but more couldn't set a standard on how to call the game. Made it frustrating.

- Thank God we don't play Indiana anymore. Toronto + Indiana = bad and boring basketball, despite what the score says.