Griffin vs. Hansborough, 2009 NBA combine..

Warren2ThaG

Height: (with shoes)

Hansborough- 6' 9.5"

Griffin-6' 10"

Body Fat:

Hansborough-8.5%

Griffin-8.2%

Bench Press (185):

Hansborough-18

Griffin-22

Wingspan:

Hansborough-6' 11.5"

Griffin- 6'11.25"

No-Step Vertical:

Hansborough-28"

Griffin-32"

Max Vertical:

Hansborough-34"

Griffin-35.5"

Vertical Reach:

Hansborough-11' 8"

Griffin- 11' 8.5"

Agility:

Hansborough-11.12

Griffin-10.95

Sprint:

Hansborough-3.27

Grifffin-3.28

Hansbrough will be a consistent role player in the NBA, nothing wrong with that.

Yup because Tyler is not expected to be a superstar, unlike Griffin and if Griffin ends up being a role player as well then he will be considered a bust by many.

I dont get it how do you dominate in college and then just be a role player in the NBA, where in college you have role players that turn into superstars.

Its a different type of game. Redick, Morrison, and now Tylers game suited the college game so well. The 3point line is closer, you don't always against a man defense, and you could be 6'8 and play center.

Attributes are pretty similar but totally different games and potentials. I loved Tyler but he's going to have a rougher time adjusting than Blake will. Raw ability and the chance to improve on it usually translates to the league better than a game that, for the time being and for the most part, has seemed to rely on hustle.

Like everyone has said, I don't see Hansbrough becoming a very good player, most likely nothing more than a role player whereas Griffin is going to keep improving.

Like everyone has said, I don't see Hansbrough becoming a very good player

Nobody said that..

Looking at the combine results, their wingspans, I have to say are underwhelming. I saw them when they first came out and though exactly the same thing. Most players wingspans, in the NBA anyway, are about 4, maybe 5 inches longer than their bodies are. Both Griffin and Hansborough's wingspan is 6'11, meanwhile, they both stand about about 6'10. Just simply for that, they're both going to struggle a little more than usual in the post. There's too many long players in the NBA for them to be able to stop them consistently or be consistent defenders.

one thing hansborough has over griffin, if hansbroough turn into a complete dud no one will care. turn into a star and be praised. if griffin turns into a massive bust clippers draft pick luck is [expletive] thabeet shoulda gone number one blah blah blahhhhhh u get my drift.