Miami @ Memphis

• 6 months later...

It's going to be the Wade-less Heat versus the Grizzlies today.

Wade ain't the whole team, though. The Heat are still a very good defensive team without him. That's a given. The scoring might be a problem. Beasley will need to step up as a playmaker, O'Neal will have to take up some scoring himself, and the rest of the guys will need to take advantage of their opportunities.

I like the 15 point lead into halftime.

Defense holding the Grizzlies to 30% shooting gave the Heat their lead, and Beasley and O'Neal have really stepped up combining for 29 points of the Heat's 46 points so far.

Wright and Haslem have been almost complete nonfactors today, though. They'll both need to find ways to be productive if the Heat are to win this.

What a game from Beasley and Chalmers, and Haslem and Q-Rich played terrific down the stretch. Arroyo did some nice things as well. All five of these guys were key to tonight's game, and O'Neal also had solid numbers before sitting out with 6 fouls.

Congrats to Beasley for his career high today. It's about time he cracked 30 :lol:

What a job by Mario coming in and having his best game of the season. I'm really proud of what he did although he did have some bad plays here and there he played a terrific game.

As for Beasley, he's showing just how good he can be. What a great job tonight by him in crunch time. I was disappointed that he came in so late in the 4th quarter and that he didn't get the ball more often down the stretch in the fourth and the first OT. Everything should've run through him at that point.

One thing that I didn't like was the lack of Dorell tonight. If anything, Wade's absence should give him more minutes rather than less. I'm not a fan of the Arroyo/Chalmers at the same time thing.

If I were Spoelstra, I would have started Dorell over Daequan. I understand Daedae is more of a true SG, and Spo likes to keep player roles consistent despite injuries, but he's got to realize that Dorell deserves to both start and get more minutes than Daequan under any circumstance. Of course, Daequan comes out with his ill-advised shots going 1-7 while Dorell only gets two shot attempts for the night in just over 16 minutes of play.

I didn't like Arroyo and Chalmers together until I realized what they were doing. I actually liked it better than just having Chalmers out there trying to run things by himself. Offensively, Chalmers doesn't play like a true PG. Having Arroyo to handle the ball took pressure off of him, and it really payed off. Defensively, they weren't outmatched since Mayo doesn't have a whole lot of size at the 2, plus the Heat used a lot of 2-3 zone, so having two PGs uptop wasn't ever a problem.

One thing I do like about Dorell playing less minutes is that he'll be more fresh for today's game against Dallas. JO also fouled out early in the first OT. It's back to back games on the road, and four players played 40+ minutes in the first one. We should expect extra playing time for Dorell today, as well as Haslem and O'Neal. Beasley is very conditioned, even for NBA level athletes, so he should also be fine.

Edited by Poe

I also though Spo should've gone to Mike a little sooner in the 4th. Waiting until 5 minutes is way too long IMO.

Well, that's nitpicking. The important thing is that the Heat managed to wear out the Grizzlies in double OT and grab a win without Wade. Usually the Heat do bad in both games of a back to back, but this time they managed a close victory.

I'm expecting a loss against Dallas, though. Despite the fact that the new additions need to "gel" on their end. Hopefully the Heat can prove me wrong..

Dallas had a great win last night in Orlando. Both teams are coming into the second half of a back to back to who knows.

That's true. Still, Dallas has a full line up (except Dampier?), and the Heat are.. Wade-less.

The Heat are going to need another big night from Beasley... maybe an even bigger night. O'Neal will need another strong performance as well. I doubt Chalmers is going to put up 18 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 assists again. I'm counting on Wright to bounce back and produce big time today.