Toronto @ L.A. Lakers

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be going to a hockey game tomorrow night (first game of the playoffs) so I won't be watching this game, which is probably a good thing because I am sure that the Raptors are going to put up a pitiful effort and get blown out tomorrow night. Getting blown out wouldn't bother me because it is the Lakers, but I can't stand watching this team when they are playing like they don't give a damn, which is usually the kind of effort the Raptors have when they are playing good teams on the road.

As long as the Raptors manage to take care of business against the Kings and Warriors on this 4 game road trip I'll be happy. The Raptors beating up on the bottom feeders in the East (primarily at home as well) really gave me an inflated opinion of them and lately they have started to play more like the team that they actually are, which is an average, .500 caliber team.

Jack has been playing really well lately so hopefully they exploit this mismatch against Fisher. They did a great job of doing that in the 2nd half of the first game which was the turning point of the game and the reason the Raptors won in my opinion. They need to exploit that matchup every single time down the floor.

Hopefully Kobe doesn't come out and embarass the Raptors after losing a tough game to the Magic yesterday. Watch him take out his frusturation on his teams recent struggles, Barnes antics, etc... on the Raptors and explode for 50 on poor DeRozan/Wright/Weems. :lol:

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I'll probably watch A hockey game instead of this. Plus, this would be a good night to do some homework. This even though Championship week is in full swing.

I'm actually curious to see how DeRozan plays tonight (well read as I won't be watching the game). He is playing in his hometown for the second time in his career and is also playing against his idol, Kobe Bryant, for the 2nd time in his career.

The first time he played in LA he was a complete non factor against the Clippers when he scored 2 points, had 1 assist and shot 1-4 in 11 minutes.

The first time he played against Kobe he got torched to begin the game and was clearly forcing things offensively, although he did settle down in the 2nd half a bit. He finished the game with 10 points, 6 rebounds and shot 4-12 in 24 minutes.

He has been playing really poorly over the last couple of weeks with averages of 5.7 ppg / 2.8 rpg / 1.1 apg on 29.5 FG% and there has been rumors floating around that he might be moved to the bench. Hopefully a trip back home and playing against his idol will light a spark under him.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Bynum is getting what he wants whenever, the position he has is very deep on the catch. DeMar starting well offensively, but the Raptors need to take better shots because this percentage is too low to have a chance.

Wow Raptors are playing very well, nice surprise, they need to keep it up. Triano switching to a zone worked very and somewhat threw off the Lakers.