Orlando @ Miami

alcstarheel

• 7 months later...

Orlando had a nice blow out against San Antonio, so they should be fresh for tonight.

Key for tonight is Beasley. First game against the Magic he had 15 points and 12 boards in a win. Second game he had 22 points and 8 boards in a win. Third game he had 1 point, 1 board, 4 fouls in 18 minutes in a loss.

Also, keeping Howard below his scoring and rebounding averages is also key. O'Neal and Magloire need to step up on defense.

I don't think I'll be able to watch this game. I hope the Heat win nonetheless.

Well he did spike the ball..

and we lost, shots aren't dropping and we can't cover a simple pick and roll they have been doing all game.

Edited by SRV

• Owner

Yeah, Beasley's defensive awareness is pretty low. He needs a lot of work in that department.

I was shocked to see the Heat hang in there, though. I don't believe in moral victories, but I guess a few Heat fans can take it as such, because the Magic are a tough team to beat, and this could be someone they'll face at least four more times this season.

i dont see why beasley gets so much ish for his defense. yeh i kno hes not good but it seems like he gets it the most (hate, cussed out etc..)

its not like the team is full of ron artests (no offense heat fans)

Edited by Epidemik

i dont see why beasley gets so much ish for his defense. yeh i kno hes not good but it seems like he gets it the most (hate, cussed out etc..)

It really bothers me too. Obviously Wade gets a pass but his defense has been nowhere near where it should be. Also, Udonis is playing even poorer defense than Beasley these days but since he's UD and is known for being a hustle guy he gets no heat either. I've come to accept that Beasley is the scapegoat on this team. He's never going to be able to become a good defender. Not because the staff isn't trying, but because they're trying too hard. When you know your backup is coming in the second you make a mistake defensively its tough to play with confidence.

His defense comes when he attempts it, I know he can be a good defender. He had a nice blocked dunk on Gortat and he has made plenty of big time blocks this season, it just seems to me that he is completely unaware of what he is doing most of the time. Anytime you see a guy open in the corner and Beasley is running at him, it is usually his fault. He is usually in the middle covering the air, and he doesn't close out quick enough on the guys on the corner. It was pretty easy to see that Beasley did not cover Lewis very well, because in the 4th quarter and OT, Lewis had like five clear shots in the corner. He is not a horrible defender, he is just unaware, hopefully he works on that and develops over time.