NBA 2K9

TheHutch

My habit after buying every NBA game is to set it to most difficult level and try to beat the best team. It's common for me to get beat in a blowout like 20-40 straight games before winning one... and then dominating the rest...

But this 2K9 is a bit different... lol

Hall of Fame difficulty and what do my Nuggets see? Luke Walton is Dirk Nowitzki, Farmar is Iverson in his prime, Bynum is invincible and makes the word domination an understatement, Fisher regularly shoots threes through my defenders' outstretched arms. :lol:

I think I've been beaten 40 straight times already now, about 35 in blowout tried everything nothing works... X(

J.R. Smith can score easily I had like 56 and 48 in two games (7 minute quarter), yet Melo can hardly score very hard to control, Billups would get his shot blocked every time he pulls up, in other words, I'd be lucky to get another Nugget in double figures.

Man this 2K is really something... I might never figure this one out... and yet I am still playing :lol:

^Are you on PS3 too? What's "sliders"?

Considering I regularly got whooped by at least 20 pts by halftime, I once led by 5 pts in third quarter... even the half-asleep me couldn't believe it (2-3 AMish at the time)... it got so close... until they "decided" to play, trailed by 3 pts in the end of the 3rd, and lost by 9. That's closest to winning, I couldn't fall asleep and kept playing til 6 AM :lol:

Hall of fame difficulty forces you to use a different play almost every time and really focus on defense. I used the Wizards against the Lakers on the HOF difficulty with the only slider being changed was lowering both mine and the CPU's blocking ability, and changing the player speed to 62 but leaving game speed at 50. I played with 7 minute quarters to get realistic stats and scores, and I ended up winning by like over 15 or something.

I do agree that 2k makes any player potentially Jordanesque, but running plays every time really helps.