Toronto @ Charlotte

• 7 months later...
  • Owner

It's not looking too great for the Raptors. They really need this game. I would love to see Hedo against his former team in the first round, as much as I would love to see Charlotte against the Cavaliers.

I think the Raptors are about to get on a hot/win streak. I could tell from the game against the Heat.

Yeah but is it too late? The Bulls have caught fire sooner and with Noah returning to full health, that game between the Raptors and Bulls could be the deciding factor.

Yesss. Good win by Toronto. Toronto being in the playoffs is good for the Heat because it gives us their pick and it means the Bulls don't make the playoff giving Dwyane more incentive to stay in Miami.

So I found out today that even though my brain has been saying that I want the Raptors to lose in order to ensure that they keep their first round pick in this years draft, my heart is still pulling for a Raptors win regardless of the possibly long-term repercussions that it may lead to (Bosh leaving after a first round sweep and no draft pick this year). I guess I just can't bring myself to openly cheer against the Raptors and hope for a loss, no matter how much I tell myself that I want to.

It is also about time that the Raptors caught a damn break. Against Denver they had one rebound go off of their hands out of bounds which led to a Billups 3 to tie the game at 95 and then they had that 50/50 ball off of Melo's first miss happen to fall into the Nuggets hands which led to Melo getting a 2nd chance at winning the game, and he made no mistakes. Then yesterday against Miami they blew a 17 point lead, and despite how bad the Raptors are defensively, it still takes some bad luck/bounces to let a team come back from a lead like that and end up winning the game (at least in my opinion, if Heat fans take exception to that I'm sorry. Not making excuses because the Heat deserved the win based on their play in the 4th quarter). When Weems missed both of those free throws that would've sealed the game I thought "Here we go again, the Raptors are going to choke down the stretch and lose another heartbreaker". Luckily Felton made a questionable pass to an unsuspecting Chandler which resulted in a Raptors win.

PS: The officiating in this game was absolutely terrible. It was one of the more entertaining Raptors games of the season (I love tough, physical games like this) but the reffing was just terrible for both sides.