Golden State @ Toronto

• 7 months later...

Maggette has done a fantastic job exploiting mismatches whenever he has had Bosh or Bargnani on him. He has played a really nice game on offense so far, well, at least when it comes to scoring the rock. The Raptor bigs can't handle his quickness off of the bounce and when they give him space to compensate he has done a nice job of knocking down perimeter jumpers.

Steph Curry is awesome to watch though. His stroke is an absolute thing of beauty but what I love the most about him is his vision and IQ on the floor. He rarely makes any mistakes on the floor and when he does make a mistake, he is usually able to make up for it because he is always in position due to his high basektball smarts.

Bosh is the only Raptor who looks like he came to play tonight. He has done a nice job of getting to the line, mixing up his offense and has just played a nice game offensveiy overall. He has had troubles on the defensive end, but that is to be expected considering he has been guarding Maggette for the majority of the game, which is just a bad matchup for him. 29 points for Bosh and he is th ereason why this game is only a 7 point defecit right now.

Pretty pathetic game from the Raptors stand point though. Your season is up in the air and you are down by 10 points to the Warriors at home? It's disgraceful.

• Like 2

Weems did an amazing job turning the pass around and getting it into Bosh's hands. Just couldn't finish. I was watching on NBA TV and my jaw dropped when that happened. If Bosh made that, it would've been one of the most memorable endings ever.

Bosh has quite a game but missed a point blank layup. Nellie needs one more win to become the all time winningest coach, I'm still praying he doesnt get it this season.

why?

Bosh should have dunked it instead of going up soft.

why?

Just because his future in GS isn't really certain. Do the Warriors have any intentions of keeping him? If not I just think it would be funny if no team decided to pursue him and he just ended up in a tie for the most wins ever.

Edited by Confidence

why?

I can see why he flipped it up there instead of dunking it. With the craziness that was going on in that play he was probably more worried about getting a shot off before time expired. There was only around 2 seconds (or was it 3) when the play started and Weems tipped it to himself and then saved it to Bosh. Bosh rushed it to ensure that he managed to get a shot off before time expired. Sadly for Raptor fans, he rushed it a bit too much and missed a pretty easy look.

Don't think that I am making excuses for Bosh because he certainly should've made that shot and it is inexcusable for him to miss such an easy look in such a critical game, but [expletive] happens.

The sad thing is that knowing how situations like these go, Bosh is going to get the blame by the majority of fans/media outlets because he missed a gimme at the end of the game, but the fact of the matter is that Bosh absolutely carried the entire team tonight. The only other players who decided to show up were Amir Johnson (who got in foul trouble, surprise surprise) and Jarrett Jack (for the 4th quarter at least). He had absolutely no help for the majority of the game and the only reason why the Raptors were even in the game at the end was because of his play.

Bosh put up 42 pts / 12 rebs / 5 stls on 11-19 FG and 20-23 FT.

The rest of the teams shooting numbers are below.

Bargnani - 7-23

Jack - 6-13

Wright - 1-6

Weems - 2-11

Calderon - 1-5

If Bosh had any help through the first 3 quarters, this game wouldn't have come down to a last second situation (then again, it never should have come down to this considering the choke job by the Warriors).

Oh well, games like these are exactly why the Raptors are barely holding onto that final playoff spot in the East instead of fighting for the 5th or 6th seed like they were before the All-Star break. This game was an absolute must win for the Raptors considering they have Cleveland, Boston, Atlanta and Chicago all coming up. This loss could very well end up costing them a spot in the playoffs becuase it is looking very likely that they will go on a 4 or 5 game losing streak.

At least they will get to keep their pick.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Just because his future in GS isn't really certain. Do the Warriors have any intentions of keeping him? If not I just think it would be funny if no team decided to pursue him and he just ended up in a tie for the most wins ever.

But if he does break the record, there will be a better chance of him not returning. :D

Edited by Legacy