Rasheed or Brandon Bass

Riot

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

These are the two names I keep hearing that the Magic are trying to get. So who would be better for the Magic? I don't know, I would be happy with either of these guys. On one hand, Sheed can shoot the 3, brings veteran experience. But I like Bass cause he's young, 24 years old, and he's strong and gritty. He could grow alongside our young guys.

The Magic need a guy like Bass. He'd be the perfect compliment to the rest of that squad because he's a banger that does a lot of the dirty work. Much like Udonis Haslem for the Heat and Landry for Houston.

Wallace might be the better overall player but if I'm Orlando I'm going with Bass. He's what they need at the 4. They don't need a scorer like Sheed. What they need is a banger at the 4 and Bass is just that.

I like Rasheed for what he can bring to the Magic. We didn't have many playoff experienced players (or any), which is the first area where Wallace can help out in. Secondly, he's always understood his role on a team and understands how to be a winner. He also understands that he can't do as much as he used to be able to do. Though Bass might be the more attractive answer with the whole 'potential' thing working his was (when did we all become obsessed with that word?), what the Magic need right now is someone who knows the ropes, who's been to the big stage before and who can mentor our team and still provide leadership and be productive on the court.

Plus, he fits into the Magic system perfectly.

• Owner

You take the experienced player that can shoot and play defense, and still play the four. Sheed needs Orlando as much as they need him. Without Turkoglu, you can take a starting five of Howard, Sheed, Lewis, Carter and Nelson and return to the Finals.

I'd take Bass if I were them. Can always use hustle and energy off of the bench, plus he fills up the rebounding and scoring categories on the stat sheet night in and night out when he gets the minutes. Aside from that, there's just no sense in even taking a chance at blowing up your team's chemistry and giving away free points in the playoffs from technicals and what-have-you from Sheed.

Real said it, Sheed is going to be rejuvenated if he plays for Magic and Magic need him. A rejuvenated Sheed is as good as it gets... he knew Pistons had no chance at title... he's always been playing to win a title.

That's true but what happens once Sheed gets bored? He's bound to clash with SVG if you ask me.

Sheed's defense has fallen of a bit in recent years, but he's still the better fit for Orlando right now. He can do almost everything Bass can do, plus shoot which is self explanatory when talking about Orlando. Only thing that makes me consider Bass, is that he's way younger, and has loads of potential. But if Orlando wants to win a championship within the next 2-3 years, go with Sheed.

That's true but what happens once Sheed gets bored? He's bound to clash with SVG if you ask me.

He's an aging veteran with declining abilities. He's in the middle stages of old, and in that state, winning is the biggest impetus you can ask for.

The "What if he gets bored?" question is akin to asking "What if Pat Riley left Miami?" or "What if the officials actually called carries on Dwyane Wade?". The answer would range somewhere between not good and really not good, and zero championships for the franchise.

The point is, you don't manage your team based on unlikely contingencies.

Edited by His Greatness

He's an aging veteran with declining abilities. He's in the middle stages of old, and in that state, winning is the biggest impetus you can ask for.

The "What if he gets bored?" question is akin to asking "What if Pat Riley left Miami?" or "What if the officials actually called carries on Dwyane Wade?". The answer would range somewhere between not good and really not good, and zero championships for the franchise.

The point is, you don't manage your team based on unlikely contingencies.

Except with Sheed that's usually the outcome. Once he gets unmotivated he's just another player basically. You're right about Sheed's declining abilities. Bass is a young player who's only getting better.

Except with Sheed that's usually the outcome. Once he gets unmotivated he's just another player basically. You're right about Sheed's declining abilities. Bass is a young player who's only getting better.

Unmotivated on un-good teams. Orlando were the runner-ups, and they just acquired Vince Carter.

Brandon Bass' ceiling is Wallace at the twilight of his career. That's only a slight exaggeration.