Szczerbiak Could Be An Option For Nuggets

The Goods

The Nuggets have three open roster spots, one of which they are expected to use on a wing player to replace Linas Kleiza.

Kleiza signed with Olympiakos in Greece on Monday.

One name that has been floated around is Wally Szczerbiak, an unrestricted free agent that could fill the need for a perimeter scorer off the bench.

Denver is also hoping to re-sign Anthony Carter to fill one of their three remaining spots.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61078/20090811/szczerbiak_could_be_an_option_for_nuggets/

It would be a good replacement since Kleiza left

^I agree wholeheartedly...

Not to mean you Meloshow as I don't really know you, but the dumb Nugget fans on other boards who think Kleiza is a waste of space are really pissing me off.

Szczerbiak is a stiff... I don't think he can bend his knees without breaking them. At least Kleiza can run full speed. He's not called the best Nugget runner for nothing. He doesn't defend well yes, but at least his pretty good footwork allows him to stay in front of them.

I'd score 50 pts on Szczerbiak now, may not score 10 on Kleiza. But it's the hate on Kleiza that I don't understand... if we replace him with Szczerbiak and think it's an improvement, we're doomed.

Well he would be better than nothing and there aren't that many decent SF in the FA pool left so I guess you guys should go for him. Even though he isn't going to be the best upgrade this off-season for you guys he is still better than nothing.

Imo, go for Joe Smith instead. He and Anderson would play off each other.

I was excited when we got Wally and every game Cavs fans felt the dagger when he missed the 3's. It'd piss me off if he came to a team and looked good again, but I have to expect he's lost his ability.

The Nuggets haven't any improvements this offseason with the exception of acquiring Lawson, but with Karl's infatuation with Carter, doesn't look like he will get many minutes.

Denver HAS to make some sort of move if they want to get back to the Conference Finals.