How Are Steroids Different?

EastCoastNiner

With todays players, that is true. But when comparing players from different eras, not true at all. As I said most players in the past did not lift at all, and look at the stuff today's players do to get in shape. They did not have the ability to do this stuff as recently as 5, 10 years ago. Even if there was no such thing as a "performance enhancing drug", today's players are at a much bigger advantage than players of the previous generations.

In terms of having a legal advantage in terms of lifting weight and more modernized training, yes, today's players have an advantage.

However, players today aren

't allowed to cork bats, they have to play against players from many different countries, and other disadvantages that the previous era's did not have.

Steroids give you a MUCCCHHH bigger advantage than just lifting does, or the players would never use steroids.

This is true. On average a person lifting without steroids can expect to gain around 4 pounds of muscle per month of lifting, while a person on steroids can expect to gain around 20 pounds of muscle per month.

This is true. On average a person lifting without steroids can expect to gain around 4 pounds of muscle per month of lifting, while a person on steroids can expect to gain around 20 pounds of muscle per month.

I've always heard the pound per week naturally, 5 per week with major supplements/steroids too, although I've been able to gain 10 pounds in a month without even protein shakes or anything, just working out daily with a conscious diet, but again, no supplements.

It is a huge advantage for those willing to risk their health, and a huge disadvantage for those that care about their lives more than extra home runs, rushing yards, or rebounds, whatever.

Another thing, it seems like steroids are only a problem in baseball if you just listen to the news or SportsCenter or whatever, they play it down in the other sports so much. I'm sure many many guys use them in the NFL or the NBA even, a sport that benefits quickness more than strength IMO.

The only reason I'd say to make it legal and move on is just to make it so we don't have to think "Oh he's not legit, but he might be, and the World Series isn't fair," yadda yadda yadda.

It's so dangerous though, and the effects the week you stop working out are terrible. I'd never actually want everyone to use them, but it almost seems like that's the only way sports will ever be level again.

I've always heard the pound per week naturally, 5 per week with major supplements/steroids too, although I've been able to gain 10 pounds in a month without even protein shakes or anything, just working out daily with a conscious diet, but again, no supplements.

i would bet anything and say that atleast 5 pounds of that was fat

no offense man, but unless you have ridiculous genetics its hard to believe that you gained 10 pounds of muscle in a month.

i would bet anything and say that atleast 5 pounds of that was fat

no offense man, but unless you have ridiculous genetics its hard to believe that you gained 10 pounds of muscle in a month.

I just turned 17, and am now at a whopping 150 pounds. I think it's safe to say I had a spurt, but it wasn't fat, I can guarantee that. It happened to me once haha, but yeah. I'm 6'0", 150 lbs, so putting on 10 pounds was bound to happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the steroids thing is kind of overrated. People think just cause you use steroids you will become this incredible baseball star. Not true. You still have to have talent and know how to play the game right. Its a presumption that EVERYONE (or almost everyone) was taking steroids, why wasnt everyone putting up hall of fame numbers? Manny and A-rod were on the list, but were clearly the best players of this era (besides Bonds). If everyone was taking it everyone should have been able to hit like A-rod or Manny. Do steroids help? Yes. Do they turn you into Babe Ruth overnight? No. And even to this day Manny and A-Rod are still way ahead of the pack, when the game is clean. So steroids probably didnt effect them much at all.

but strength is important in baseball, and they cheated their way to get stronger.