Rambis Won't Have Eye On Lakers Job

Kurt Rambis has long been mentioned as a potential replacement candidate for the Lakers following Phil Jackson's eventual retirement.

But he appears fully committed to the situation in Minnesota.

"He was after the same thing that we were after," Wolves owner Glen Taylor said. "We both talked about a four-year contract. That's what he wanted and I think that's what we wanted, to tie him up so that he would stay here for the long run. I don't think we're in to releasing him for the Lakers. I think he is here to build this team and get the good part of it when we get to winning."

Rambis said he is "absolutely committed" to the Wolves, adding: "I'm not going to look back. I made this decision to come here, I'm here, and I told Glen Taylor I'm here for the long term. I want to go through the whole process, be here from the start and I want to finish it."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61116/20090813/rambis_wont_have_eye_on_lakers_job/

Guest Nissan

Rambis didn't have a chance of being the next coach. Everyone knows Kobe wants JVG, McMillan, or Coach K as the next coach.

Rambis already had his chance to coach the Lakers and he didn't do a good job.