Powe Preferred Staying In Boston

The Goods

Leon Powe signed with Cleveland on Wednesday, even though the forward probably would have preferred to remain in Boston.

“I think that his preference would have been to stay with Boston,” Powe’s agent Aaron Goodwin said by telephone on Wednesday. “That didn’t work out. He’s got a great opportunity with a great organization that happens to be one of the best teams in the league. Good things happen to good people.”

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61114/20090813/powe_preferred_staying_in_boston/

This guy could be the difference for the Cavs.

What he did in the playoffs two years go was one of the most outstanding and unexpected performances I've seen.

The guy is coming of knee surgery yes it's a good moves for Celtic to bring him back just cause he is a fan favorite over there in Bean Town. But business wise it makes no sense. You signed Shelden Williams. You got Rasheed. and no one knew where Baby was going before he signed. And now since that got Baby where would Powe played. And don't forget he ain't coming back till All-Star Weekend. So Cavs have fun with Powe if you think he will be the difference in Cleveland.

And don't forget he ain't coming back till All-Star Weekend. So Cavs have fun with Powe if you think he will be the difference in Cleveland.

The playoffs start after the All-Star Weekend.

I'm not saying he'll be the difference, but if he can come back healthy then I'm sure he'll be very helpful.

The playoffs start after the All-Star Weekend.

I'm not saying he'll be the difference, but if he can come back healthy then I'm sure he'll be very helpful.

I get what your saying but you didn't say he will be the difference. Cleveland Finest said he will be. In my mind I think Powe can only be hopefully for 10-15 minutes max.

I get what your saying but you didn't say he will be the difference. Cleveland Finest said he will be. In my mind I think Powe can only be hopefully for 10-15 minutes max.

You are telling me that a guy who scored 21 points in a NBA finals game and more so, was one of the key components to a Celtics team coming off the bench two years ago won't make a huge difference?

He was the difference in Game 2 of the finals when your Lakers lost by 6 thanks to his break out performance.

He's won a ring, is a definite improvement over Joe Smith, and is yet another guy that can match up with the tall wings on LAL and Orlando.

Sure, he doesn't come back until after the playoffs, but the playoffs don't begin in November. We need him to help in the playoffs. Getting there won't be a problem.