Tennessee @ Pittsburgh

alcstarheel

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great game to start off the NFL schedule, though. Classic smashmouth football with two defenses that looked like they were rounding into mid-season form. Great to watch.

Santonio Holmes, Heath Miller, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton and James Farrior all played real well today. I thought Smith and Farrior played the best, actually. Farrior was able to consistently bring pressure up the middle and it didn't allow Collins to make proper reads during his drop back. It's extremely to do so if you have those guys right in your face. LeBeau had a great gameplan once again.

Ahmard Hall, Michael Roos, Kenny Britt, Justin Gage, Jason Jones, Kyle Vanden Bosche, Keith Bulluck and Cortland Finnegan all had fantastic games as well. On paper, the Titans probably should've won that game. But I felt they kind of strayed away from the stunt packages and Cover 2 that the Titans thrived under last season. I thought they would've turned to the blitz A LOT more tonight, but rarely brought heat.

Great all-around game.

What a great game to start off the NFL schedule, though. Classic smashmouth football with two defenses that looked like they were rounding into mid-season form. Great to watch.

Santonio Holmes, Heath Miller, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton and James Farrior all played real well today. I thought Smith and Farrior played the best, actually. Farrior was able to consistently bring pressure up the middle and it didn't allow Collins to make proper reads during his drop back. It's extremely to do so if you have those guys right in your face. LeBeau had a great gameplan once again.

Ahmard Hall, Michael Roos, Kenny Britt, Justin Gage, Jason Jones, Kyle Vanden Bosche, Keith Bulluck and Cortland Finnegan all had fantastic games as well. On paper, the Titans probably should've won that game. But I felt they kind of strayed away from the stunt packages and Cover 2 that the Titans thrived under last season. I thought they would've turned to the blitz A LOT more tonight, but rarely brought heat.

Great all-around game.

When they were in cover 2 Roethlisberger picked em apart with pump fakes.

great game to watch, very fun, really happy that the steelers won. sorry i couldnt post during the game, i dont have a laptop.

and as for ward being overrated? no way, he's old and did you see that hit he laid on a titans player? he just leveled him. i'll try to find it on youtube. great blocking WR.

edit: i cant find it, but we all remember the hit last year where he broke a rookie's jaw, but how about this.

My link

Edited by Mac Dre

It had varied success throughout the game. They definitely bit on the pump fakes though.

I'm mainly thinking the play before the half when it was Holmes vs 2 safties n the free saftey made a dick move and tried to jump an under route and let holmes get an easy TD. If you play cover 2 you need your safties to make sure that [expletive] don't hppen.