Where will the Rockets finish?

Dash

• Owner

In the division, 4th.

In the conference, probably 10th or 11th.

I just don't see how they are going to do better than the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Nuggets, Jazz, Blazers or Hornets...and with Amare back and Shaq out, I wouldn't be surprised if Phoenix finishes over Houston.

The Warriors will probably be a better team than the Rockets. Not sure about the Thunder yet, although Durant was nearing beast mode by the end of the season, so you never know where those guys will finish, especially when Westbrook has been working out with Rose over the summer.

If Blake Griffin plays even like a poor man's Tim Duncan to start out, the Clippers could sneak past the Warriors, Thunder and maybe even the Suns, now that Randolph is gone. Gordon is getting good, Baron COULD be healthy...so I don't know.

But it's difficult for me to say the Wolves, Kings, and Grizzlies will be better than Houston.

I'm just looking at things this way: I saw how McGrady played in Orlando. He had a decent season, then he had a very, very bad season (barely won any games). Sad thing is, that was when he was good. So watching Scola and Battier lead a team? Battier is no offensive threat without a double team, and nobody in Houston commands one. Brooks needs screen and rolls, and he's less likely to pass the ball once he gets one of those, so you probably take Ariza out of the equation as well, assuming Trevor continues to spot up and knock down threes (when he's at his best).

I've got them placing 9th or 10th. Brandon was spot on about the personnel problems. The Rockets are completely devoid of a legitimate scoring threat and playmaker. That reeks of lottery.

I think they'll be a distant challenger in the race for the 8th seed by virtue of their heart alone. But they'll experience heart failure and Phoenix will make it over them.

In the division, 4th.

In the conference, probably 10th or 11th.

I just don't see how they are going to do better than the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Nuggets, Jazz, Blazers or Hornets...and with Amare back and Shaq out, I wouldn't be surprised if Phoenix finishes over Houston.

The Warriors will probably be a better team than the Rockets. Not sure about the Thunder yet, although Durant was nearing beast mode by the end of the season, so you never know where those guys will finish, especially when Westbrook has been working out with Rose over the summer.

If Blake Griffin plays even like a poor man's Tim Duncan to start out, the Clippers could sneak past the Warriors, Thunder and maybe even the Suns, now that Randolph is gone. Gordon is getting good, Baron COULD be healthy...so I don't know.

But it's difficult for me to say the Wolves, Kings, and Grizzlies will be better than Houston.

I'm just looking at things this way: I saw how McGrady played in Orlando. He had a decent season, then he had a very, very bad season (barely won any games). Sad thing is, that was when he was good. So watching Scola and Battier lead a team? Battier is no offensive threat without a double team, and nobody in Houston commands one. Brooks needs screen and rolls, and he's less likely to pass the ball once he gets one of those, so you probably take Ariza out of the equation as well, assuming Trevor continues to spot up and knock down threes (when he's at his best).

Good post.

Its difficult to predict how well we do this season when there are so many factors. Brooks' and Ariza's development, how much will the Clippers/Wolves/Thunder/Grizzlies improve, things in that nature. We have the potential to go as high as the 8th seed or finish in the bottom two of the West.

I have us finishing 11th behind the Suns, Clippers and Warriors (Anthony Randolph will beast this year).