Best duo

kingfish

???  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

What about Carmelo Anthony and Chauncey Billups?

Added.

I'm going with Kobe and Gasol. Kobe is a four-time champion, an Olympic champion, is in his prime, and Gasol is a World Champion, an NBA champion, and is in his prime. Best player in the NBA, and a top three power forward.

Added.

I'm going with Kobe and Gasol. Kobe is a four-time champion, an Olympic champion, is in his prime, and Gasol is a World Champion, an NBA champion, and is in his prime. Best player in the NBA, and a top three power forward.

I agree with the choice of Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol, but I question your ranking of Pau Gasol, although I don't necessarily disagree.

PF's:

Tim Duncan

Kevin Garnett

Dirk Nowitzki

Amare Stoudemire

Which two do you remove?

• Owner

Gasol is better than Amare, and I almost wanna say he's better than Garnett right now.

Let's put it this way: Garnett and Amare without legit all-star teammates, right now, wouldn't win 40 games. Gasol can and has done that, in Memphis, in the Western Conference.

I'd add CP3 and DWest, and Deron and Boozer (but that one won't last probably, so I guess not).

Paul and West aren't the best duo, but they're honorable enough to mention.

I think you have to say Kobe and Pau right now, Pau's IMO the most important guy to that team, while Kobe's one of the best players in the NBA year in and year out.

It's clearly Kobe and Gasol, The best player in the leauge with one of the most skilled big men in the game. But I voted other for Andre Miller and Brandon Roy that you people seem to be sleeping on, thats gonna be one dominant backcourt.

It's clearly Kobe and Gasol, The best player in the leauge with one of the most skilled big men in the game. But I voted other for Andre Miller and Brandon Roy that you people seem to be sleeping on, thats gonna be one dominant backcourt.

I was thinking Roy-Aldridge, but forgot Miller and Roy would be hard to stop when their on.

The poll is only for elite duos on elite teams.

I was gonna add Melo and Billups at first, but I didnt wanna break the perimeter player big men trend :lol:

Edited by kingfish

I'm still having trouble figuring out how Pau Gasol led the Memphis Grizzlies to the playoffs......

Yes, he may have been their best player, but scoring less than 20.0 ppg is hardly "leading" a young and TALENTED team to the playoffs.

He didn't, Hubie Brown did.

• Owner

Yes, he may have been their best player, but scoring less than 20.0 ppg is hardly "leading" a young and TALENTED team to the playoffs.

Amare averaged just 20 PPG in 2007. I guess he didn't lead Phoenix to 61 wins.

Amare averaged just 20 PPG in 2007. I guess he didn't lead Phoenix to 61 wins.

Don't guess. He didn't. As good as our roster has been in years past, Steve Nash is and was the heart and soul of this team. I don't like bringing up 2005-2006 over and over...but there it is. If we have our other pieces, we are just fine without him.

Amare is the most overrated player in the game, hands down. I tell you what, I'd sure swap him for Gasol in a heartbeat.

Don't guess. He didn't. As good as our roster has been in years past, Steve Nash is and was the heart and soul of this team. I don't like bringing up 2005-2006 over and over...but there it is. If we have our other pieces, we are just fine without him.

Amare is the most overrated player in the game, hands down. I tell you what, I'd sure swap him for Gasol in a heartbeat.

Pretty much every post you make about the Phoenix Suns is either sucking Steve Nash's dick or bashing Amare Stoudemire.

I agree with the choice of Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol, but I question your ranking of Pau Gasol, although I don't necessarily disagree.

PF's:

Tim Duncan

Kevin Garnett

Dirk Nowitzki

Amare Stoudemire

Which two do you remove?

Pf's:

Tim Duncan

Kevin Garnett

Dirk Nowitzki

Pau Gasol

Chris Bosh/Amar'e Stodemire

Amar'e Stodemire/Chris Bosh

Edited by Years

I'm going with Kobe and Gasol. Kobe is a four-time champion, an Olympic champion, is in his prime, and Gasol is a World Champion, an NBA champion, and is in his prime. Best player in the NBA, and a top three power forward

No

Duncan, KG, Dirk are all clearly better than Gasol and you could make cases for guys like Bosh too. As long as KG's injury isn't going to be a constant problem for the rest of his career I will easily take him for one season over Gasol. Offensively I would give the slight edge to Gasol, but KG's defense is so much better it makes more of an impact on the game than Gasol ever would.

Gasol is better than Amare, and I almost wanna say he's better than Garnett right now.

Let's put it this way: Garnett and Amare without legit all-star teammates, right now, wouldn't win 40 games. Gasol can and has done that, in Memphis, in the Western Conference.

Pau Gasol won 0 playoff games in Memphis as "the man". Until he joined a dominant team in the Lakers he made 0 All NBA teams and only one all-star team. If your telling me that the current KG couldn't do better with those Memphis teams than Gasol did I don't know what to tell you because that's just crazy. They had like 6 double digit scorers each year as well as being a very good defensive team. Pau Gasol isn't a franchise big and if he was Memphis wouldn't have traded him in his prime.