Shaq says he wants to join Lakers

Shaquille O’Neal knows marketing.

In trying to promote his new reality show “Shaq vs.” (which premiers tonight) he said that he would like to play out this final year of his contract in Cleveland, then see if returning to the Lakers is an option for next year.

Great marketing comment. Not in the least based in reality, but a great marketing comment. Already one LA television morning program talked about it today, I’m writing about it and you can bet sports talk radio will squeeze that in between Brett Favre talk today. And every time it’s mentioned his new reality show gets another free plug.

Link

I hope he comes back, a lot of people would be pissed off :D

• Owner

Cmon B. Bury the hatchet. Waddaya say :)

We can even bring in Raja Bell ;)

I'd rather not, because Shaq will throw a fit coming off the bench behind Bynum, or Bynum will sulk on the bench as Shaq starts.

And the most likely situation would be Shaq starting, because he'd be useful in the triangle and not in the fast-paced, triangle-ditched offense Farmar and the others like to run off the bench.

Shaq has proven over the last two or three years that he's only a threat when he's got the ball in his hands. We don't need that.

I'd rather not, because Shaq will throw a fit coming off the bench behind Bynum, or Bynum will sulk on the bench as Shaq starts.

And the most likely situation would be Shaq starting, because he'd be useful in the triangle and not in the fast-paced, triangle-ditched offense Farmar and the others like to run off the bench.

Shaq has proven over the last two or three years that he's only a threat when he's got the ball in his hands. We don't need that.

Nah man I think it could work. From what Shaq is saying, it sounds like he really wants to come back and redeem himself. He knows we have a good thing going here and he can get another ring in for sure if he plays well here. He will have to understand hes a backup before he signs here, if he gets that it could work.

As far as him coming off the bench, and how they fastbreak a lot I think that can change. This doesnt have to be a fast breaking 2nd unit

Farmar

Brown (or Sasha)

Walton (or Ammo)

Odom

Shaq

thats a very good bench, and you could throw in a starter in there as well sometimes like Artest. We could definitely slow it up and run some triangle in that, cause we have Shaq in the post and Odom as well. They will only be going up against other 2nd units, that lineup should be able to dominate any teams bench in the league.

Plus he would have to take a pay cut like the Vets minimum, and a short contract. Its a long shot but its possible :(

i don't know what yall getting hiped up about its nothing new its like seeing lebron James and shaq

i really don't see shaq working with Kobe.

i just don't!

shaq shouldn't join the lakers no offense but he should join a team that is always at the

bottom

he should be helping teams like nets,bobcats,wizards,clippers

Edited by ruderock23210

It would be interesting seeing Shaq back with Kobe. They would be jammed with star-talent though. A team consisting of Kobe, Gasol, Shaq and Artest doesn't sound like a team you would want to play against.