which would make the best squad five years from now?

billt chamberlain

if you were a gm right now, and you had the opportunity to be able to pick any one of these squads to choose from to build a new franchise around in five years which would you pick and why?

obviously some might say in five years the 07 draftee's will have had the most experience, but that doesn't neccesarily mean they will automatically trump the other squads.

oh yeah, don't get all technical and ask where are the bench players and blah blah blah.

07 draftees

pg-acie law

sg-corey brewer

sf-kevin durant

pf- al horford

c-oden

08 draftees

pg-rose

sg-oj mayo

sf-beasley

pf-anthony randolph

c- brook lopez

09 draftees

pg- brandon jennings

sg- james harden

sf-demar derozan

pf-blake griffin

c-hasheem thabeet

08 is clearly the best of them all. It's the only class so far that has a proven potential star in each position. Not saying that the 09 class can't have that, but we haven't seen how they'll all do in the NBA (especially Hasheem Thabeet, I'm a little concerned about him).

Well, it's obvious that most people are going to vote for the 2008 draft class.

However, I will take the 2007 draft class.

Why? Law and Brewer are WEAK, Durant can score and play a little D and that's about it, Al Horford is a good post player but never going to blow up for 30 points, and Oden is constantly injured, and when he plays is inconsistent right now.

Well why'd you make the 07 team so bad? At PG you could've picked Conley, Stuckey, or Sessions, but you picked Law. At SG you could put Durant there then at SF you have Thad Young, Jeff Green, Wilson Chandler. Why you did dat?

:wacko: B)

Edited by Riot

Well why'd you make the 07 team so bad? At PG you could've picked Conley, Stuckey, or Sessions, but you picked Law. At SG you could put Durant there then at SF you have Thad Young, Jeff Green, Wilson Chandler. Why you did dat?

:wacko: B)

because i made the thread. and really are conley, stuckey, and sessions that big of upgrades over acie law? the guy hasn't even had a decent chance to prove himself yet because of his old horrible coach mike woodson, but he is talented.

anyways 08 seems the clear choice, but i think with the exception of rose, the 09 class could become better.

all based off potential i can see them like this

brandon jennings- baron davis,steve francis, stephon marbury

james harden-mith richmond,gilbert arenas,

demar derozan- vince carter

blake griffin- amare stoudemire

hasheem thabeet-mutombo

Edited by billt chamberlain

Why put Jennings and not Rubio?

I'm gonna have to go with the 08 draft class they have the most sure things.

That's what I was thinking. Or at least Tyreke Evans. There's a lot of questionable choices in all of those lineups if his goal was to pick the best at each position from each class.

That's what I was thinking. Or at least Tyreke Evans. There's a lot of questionable choices in all of those lineups if his goal was to pick the best at each position from each class.

Yea lol , Rubio-(The Golden Boy)Curry-Griffen

Are the only sure things for me in this draft.

And he has 1 out of the 3

Edited by Years

i wasn't trying to pick the best lineups. i was just picking players from the draft classes.

it seems most people on this site have a problem with a thread if it isn't tailored specificall to what they want. who's to say brandon jennings won't be better than rubio at this point though?

i wasn't trying to pick the best lineups. i was just picking players from the draft classes.

it seems most people on this site have a problem with a thread if it isn't tailored specificall to what they want. who's to say brandon jennings won't be better than rubio at this point though?

No one is saying that, but in a class of unproven players, you'd think you would want to pick the highest regarded player at each position. According to the 2009 NBA Draft, Rubio > Jennings. No one is dissing your thread... :unsure:

i never said you was dissing my thread, and who'd get upset over a thread?

if you really look closer, you will see that i took the clear cut best player from each draft class(durant, rose, griffin) and just filled in the blanks around them. this wasn't some masterplan to pick the best players available at every position. 09 is still a crapshoot because none has played in the nba yet, but i still picked the players anyway. and just because nba.com says someone is better than another doesn't mean its fact.

i could see people disputing this thread if i left out one of the players like rose, griffin, or durant from a draft class though and put someone else in their place.

Edited by billt chamberlain

i never said you was dissing my thread, and who'd get upset over a thread?

if you really look closer, you will see that i took the clear cut best player from each draft class(durant, rose, griffin) and just filled in the blanks around them. this wasn't some masterplan to pick the best players available at every position. 09 is still a crapshoot because none has played in the nba yet, but i still picked the players anyway. and just because nba.com says someone is better than another doesn't mean its fact.

That thread in the Wizards forum about what you would do if you met a Wizards player begs to differ. :lol:

But whatever, I'm not here to stir up conflict. I was just confused why you picked Jennings, but that's your opinion and I stand by my choice.

That thread in the Wizards forum about what you would do if you met a Wizards player begs to differ. :lol:

But whatever, I'm not here to stir up conflict. I was just confused why you picked Jennings, but that's your opinion and I stand by my choice.

contradiction, just look at your first line in this post i quoted. anyways yeah, this is going nowhere like the other thread. i post something, and then you go offtopic and keep it going....