Wizards sit 9th in the recent power rankings

JWaLL

Pace: 89.7 (17), Off: 107.0 (26), Def: 115.3 (29)

With Gilbert Arenas looking spry in workouts and pro-am action and added depth with Randy Foye and Mike Miller, the Wizards should be the fourth best team in the East. But they're lacking beef on the frontline, which will really hurt them against the top three.

Power Rankings: http://www.nba.com/2009/news/powerrankings/08/17/offseason.rankings/index.html

I think that might be pushing it, but who can argue right? :lol:

I'm glad to see people having faith in our projected turnaround for next season.

• Owner

So the Power Ranking says fourth in the East...

Boston, Cleveland and Orlando are better.

Then the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Nuggets, those are all a given.

So yeah, maybe. If they are gambling on a 100% healthy Arenas, most certainly.

So the Power Ranking says fourth in the East...

Boston, Cleveland and Orlando are better.

Then the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Nuggets, those are all a given.

So yeah, maybe. If they are gambling on a 100% healthy Arenas, most certainly.

I was just shocked that the rankings didn't put Atlanta above us. But now I'm just more optimistic about our whole approach to this season. I was always a little worried about us being overloaded with guards and undersized at the power forward and center position. But I guess with Flip's "8 man rotation" plan, the overload shouldn't be a problem.

Is it just me or does it seem every year the Wizards are projected to be their former selves?

Not trying to rip them but at this point they should give them the 11th/12th at best. Utah, NOH, etc...should definaately be above them.

Is it just me or does it seem every year the Wizards are projected to be their former selves?

Not trying to rip them but at this point they should give them the 11th/12th at best. Utah, NOH, etc...should definaately be above them.

Well until this year Arenas' return to full strength has always been doubtful. But with all of the videos and reports about him being back to his normal self, our upgrade to the backcourt, the return of Haywood and the development of McGee and Blatche in the frontcourt, PLUS 2 accompanying all stars to Gilbert in Antawn Jamison and Caron Butler, we are truly at full strength this year. Not to sound like a fanboy, but I don't see why that wouldn't sit us at the 9th best team in the league. We're pretty fully loaded right now. Plus we have a veteran and accomplished coach in Flip Saunders. The possibilities seem endless for us right now. We're not a top 3 team in the East yet, but I'd be shocked if we fell below the 5th spot.

I was just shocked that the rankings didn't put Atlanta above us. But now I'm just more optimistic about our whole approach to this season. I was always a little worried about us being overloaded with guards and undersized at the power forward and center position. But I guess with Flip's "8 man rotation" plan, the overload shouldn't be a problem.

I haven't been online in decades except to check my email and facebook...so umm...who is in Flip's 8 man rotation? :)

The starters + Foye + ? + ? :)

I haven't been online in decades except to check my email and facebook...so umm...who is in Flip's 8 man rotation? :)

The starters + Foye + ? + ? :)

He hasn't decided yet, that's what training camp is for. :)

It's most likely as followed:

Gilbert Arenas

Mike Miller

Randy Foye

Caron Butler

Antawn Jamison

Brendan Haywood

Andray Blatche

JaVale McGee or Nick Young

Not saying the others won't play at all, but he's really focusing on distributing minutes among the best 8. The other players (Critt, Dom, Oberto, James, etc) will be lucky to get decent minutes during any game. I hope Flip makes it a 9 man rotation so JaVale and Nick can both see decent minutes. :(

When healthy I really cant argue why they aren't the 4th best team in the EAST. They have a lot of Depth at the guard spots and Andray is a year more experienced and also Oberto should add some depth aswell. Also im sure many WSH fans missed haywood.

And with Flip saunders you might not get much out of the postseason but hes a great regular season coach.

Edited by Jetto

When healthy I really cant argue why they aren't the 4th best team in the EAST. They have a lot of Depth at the guard spots and Andray is a year more experienced and also Oberto should add some depth aswell. Also im sure many WSH fans missed haywood.

And with Flip saunders you might not get much out of the postseason but hes a great regular season coach.

I hope Andray develops the way he's supposed to. I've always had the least faith in him because I don't see him growing out of his lack-of-discipline box. I'm hoping JaVale or Nick step up the most this year (preferably JaVale, that man's potential is infinite).

I hope Andray develops the way he's supposed to. I've always had the least faith in him because I don't see him growing out of his lack-of-discipline box. I'm hoping JaVale or Nick step up the most this year (preferably JaVale, that man's potential is infinite).

Blatche doesn't deserve the hate your giving him. Yeah he's hard to coach, but has he said anything to the media since he came out of high school? The hate is not warranted, the last thing I heard from him was positive.

Blatche doesn't deserve the hate your giving him. Yeah he's hard to coach, but has he said anything to the media since he came out of high school? The hate is not warranted, the last thing I heard from him was positive.

I wasn't hating on him, I said I hope he becomes the player he should have been already. I have just always not had much faith in him, but that can change. I don't hate on him though, he's solid, but we all know he could be so much better than he is right now.

I wasn't hating on him, I said I hope he becomes the player he should have been already. I have just always not had much faith in him, but that can change. I don't hate on him though, he's solid, but we all know he could be so much better than he is right now.

Well under the system he played in, it's hard to really make the jump from H.S. to the NBA. As soon as he came out, he was forced to play in the Princeton offense (although in his rookie year, he never saw too much time being a second rounder). We all know Eddie Jordan, and the lack of PT he gives to the rookies and sophomores, everyone was expecting him develop slowly, this is his third coach since he came into the league, we gotta stay patient with him.

Yeah true. Maybe this will be his year. With his increased role on the team and playing for a new coach, maybe things could work out and he'll finally adapt to his potential. He definitely got stronger during the summer.