Pops Mensah Bonsu to Houston?

Dash

He is at the centre of a bidding war between his club and the Houston Rockets in the world's richest professional sports league, where players earn about £5.5million annually.

Link

Pops - my services werent needed!!!!

Auds Mensag-Bonsu - H-Town? is it official?

Pops - sssshhhh

Link

Link

* MARK BERMAN

HOUSTON - NBA sources told FOX 26 Sports Thursday the Houston Rockets have reached a verbal agreement on a contract with free agent forward Pops Mensah-Bonsu, who has yet to sign the deal.

Mensah-Bonsu's agent was not ready to confirm an agreement is in place, but he didn't dispute it either.

"We are working to get through a couple of minor things that I'm sure will get resolved," said John Greig, Mensah-Bonsu's agent, in an interview with FOX 26 Sports.

"We are waiting on some things from the league that could impact this."

Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey, who has not been available for comment, has been working this off-season to add depth to his front court with Yao Ming out for the year because of injuries and Dikembe Mutombo has retired.

Mensah-Bonsu is 6'10, 206 pounds.

He played in 12 games for the Dallas Mavericks during the 2006-07 season and split time last year with the San Antonio Spurs and the Toronto Raptors.

Mensah-Bonsu has career averages of 4.1 points and 3.9 rebounds after playing a total of 34 games over two years.

However, during 19 games with Toronto last season he averaged 5.1 points and 5.4 rebounds while averaging only 13.8 minutes a game.

Mensah-Bonsu was in Houston meeting with the Rockets a few days ago.

"The Rockets did a fabulous job with Pops," Greig said. "They made him feel like he was Trevor Ariza."

Looks like he's Rockets bound. He reminded me a lot of Landry, hustles, hard worker and loves to throw it down.

• Owner

Well, Houston wants Iverson, maybe Sessions. Hayes is their best post defender at the four. Scola isn't going anywhere.

So I'm inclined to believe that Landry is on the block, maybe even Battier. Whatever it takes to bring in a scoring guard, Houston will probably look to get it done.

Well, Houston wants Iverson, maybe Sessions. Hayes is their best post defender at the four. Scola isn't going anywhere.

So I'm inclined to believe that Landry is on the block, maybe even Battier. Whatever it takes to bring in a scoring guard, Houston will probably look to get it done.

Yeah with 17 players on the roster there is bound to be a move, it could be something minor or something bigger.

• Owner

Houston should welcome a trade for McGrady, though, because this is probably the best time to do it. He may not be the 30 PPG McGrady he used to be, but he's still an expiring, and there are teams looking for that 2010 cap room (isn't McGrady expiring after this season?).

Maybe TMAC is getting traded?

T-Mac is my favorite player and I hope he gets traded. Tim Grover and Tracy said that he's going to be back to his superstar self. No reason he should be with us trying to fight for the last playoff spot, to bad Amare didn't go down.