Better Mid-Range Game: Dirk or Kobe?

Revis Island

Better Mid-Range Game: Dirk or Kobe?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

Ask Shane Battier this question.

You have to double Bryant once he gets within 18 feet from the rim. Stick a hand in Dirk's face, and you're going to disrupt his jumper.

Not to mention Kobe will pump-fake you out of your shoes.

If Bryant gets you within 15-18 feet without a double, and he turns his back to you, you're done. His footwork is too much.

Basically, Dirk shoots over you. Bryant shoots through you, over you, and under you.

• Owner

Yeah, it's not going to be just Lakers fans voting for Bryant. I'm sure every NBA coach would say the same, and everyone defending Bryant, including Battier, Artest, and guys that have gotten so frustrated, they just foul the hell out of him (Dahntay Jones).

Yeah, it's not going to be just Lakers fans voting for Bryant. I'm sure every NBA coach would say the same, and everyone defending Bryant, including Battier, Artest, and guys that have gotten so frustrated, they just foul the hell out of him (Dahntay Jones).

I swear no one besides Brewer I don't think tried harder to defend Kobe and got disgraced more it was just unfair. He was as close as you could be without fouling.

Kobe has a more accurate jumper. Dirk's advantage is that he can shoot right over most smaller players. But if the opponent plays him with a matching 7-footer, they'll be uncomfortable playing defense so far from the basket.

Kobe also has the plus of his defender being scared of him driving to the basket. This keeps defenders from exclusively guarding his jumper. If he hesitates, then jabs, he'll have a defender that's off balance. Then it's bombs away.

Im really tired of all these Kobe threads, why make a kobe thread on a site where like half the people would have sex with him.

Any thread with Kobe will have Kobe winning.

The OP said Dirk and everyone is saying Kobe because its the truth. He's going to win most who's the best at something threads because well, right now he's the best player in the L.

The OP said Dirk and everyone is saying Kobe because its the truth. He's going to win most who's the best at something threads because well, right now he's the best player in the L.

Dont care what hes good at and isnt, theres a new thread everyday about him, its getting quite annoying.

Dont care what hes good at and isnt, theres a new thread everyday about him, its getting quite annoying.

Because he's the best player in the game. If Jordan was still playing you'd see this many threads about him too.

Get over it

• Owner

So all of us "Kobe lovers" include a...

Mavs fan

Jazz fan

Suns fan

Heat fan

Bobcats fan

Knicks fan

Rockets fan

And that's why Kobe wins every poll, huh, because of how likable he is? :lol:

He wins polls because he's the best player in the NBA, and he's in so many polls because people WANT to find one he won't win. It's pretty obvious in this topic, right?

So all of us "Kobe lovers" include a...

Mavs fan

Jazz fan

Suns fan

Heat fan

Bobcats fan

Knicks fan

Rockets fan

And that's why Kobe wins every poll, huh, because of how likable he is? :lol:

He wins polls because he's the best player in the NBA, and he's in so many polls because people WANT to find one he won't win. It's pretty obvious in this topic, right?

Has nothing to do with this thread, theres hundreds of threads about him, its getting really annoying seeing his name everywhere and people sucking on his nuts 24/7. Its tearing me away from watching the NBA.

• Owner

Has nothing to do with this thread, theres hundreds of threads about him, its getting really annoying seeing his name everywhere and people sucking on his nuts 24/7. Its tearing me away from watching the NBA.

Boo hoo.

Im really tired of all these Kobe threads, why make a kobe thread on a site where like half the people would have sex with him.

Any thread with Kobe will have Kobe winning.

better than talking about kobe on a site like NBA fanvoice where half the people would strangle him w/ lebrons headband

Then don't read them? I don't understand the issue here.

This is like complaining about seeing Peyton Manning or Ben Roethlisberger threads on a NFL forum of Pujols threads on a baseball forum. He's the best player in the the NBA, won the championship and the finals mvp.