Source: Iverson Signs With Bobcats

Doc

Friday night, Dime’s Aron Phillips spoke to an unnamed source who works in the NBA and said that Allen Iverson has worked out the details of a contract with the Charlotte Bobcats, but the deal won’t be official until next week. The general consensus surrounding A.I. is that the 34-year-old is too stubborn to blend into a contender’s system, and at the same time, will stunt the development of any up-and-coming young team. But Iverson in Charlotte could be a win-win for both sides:

http://dimemag.com/2009/08/source-allen-iverson-to-the-bobcats/

Dime Magazine's web site reports that Allen Iverson and the Bobcats already have agreed to terms on a contract that will be signed within a week.

I'm told by a great source that's not true. However, that doesn't mean Iverson won't be a Bobcat. It sounds like there's a good chance that will happen. My source says definitively that Iverson's first choice is to play for Larry Brown again in Charlotte, and that there have been serious discussions about making that happen.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2009/08/no-deal-yet-but-iversontobobcats-viable.html

Dime Magazine jumped the gun. If it's true though, I'm glad that AI finally found a suitor, especially in an ideal scenario like Charlotte.

I like this. Now the Bobcats may actually finish over .500. Iverson also has a chance to prove he's still got it and he will be the first true "playmaker" the Bobcats have had. Poor Felton.

I wouldn't go that far. Iverson wasn't the playmaker that Detroit set out for him to be when he became a Piston, but we'll see how much he changes up his game this upcoming season. The signing does make things look shaky for Felton, but still a good sign nonetheless.

• Owner

I wonder how this would affect Felton and Dj though...:unsure:

Well, it's still not a done deal, is it? I mean, I don't remember seeing this confirmed anywhere legit.

So yeah, as it stands, it throws a curve ball into Felton's plans. He probably has no idea what's going on, and he's got a qualifying offer to pick up, I believe.

As for Augustin, he'll be coming off the bench anyways, so I don't see the problem there. He's still too young, inexperienced, and raw at the point guard position.