Hou/Mil Trade Scenario

Revis Island

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m9wax2

Hou Gets: Michael Redd, Ramon Sessions, and Kurt Thomas

Mil Gets: Tracy McGrady, Aaron Brooks and Joey Dorsey

Why they do it? Bucks will need to shed some salary trading Michael Redd will greatly do that along with trading Ramon Sessions a player that cannot really afford to keep and they get Aaron Brooks in return who is also a high prospect PG. Also, they send Kurt Thomas for a younger version of himself Joey Dorsey who was a high prospect player in the 2008 NBA Draft. The Bucks will let Tracy McGrady's salary expire in 2010 and explore free agency then.

Why would Houston want to get rid of Brooks after his outstanding season?

Also, Redd is just as injury prone as Tmac.

Tmac and Dorsey for Thomas and Redd is more reasonable. The Bucks would get a steal in Brooks if that deal went down.

Why would Houston want to get rid of Brooks after his outstanding season?

Also, Redd is just as injury prone as Tmac.

Tmac and Dorsey for Thomas and Redd is more reasonable. The Bucks would get a steal in Brooks if that deal went down.

what? man, ramon session is way better than brooks.

• Owner

In two years, Ramon Sessions will probably contribute more on offense than all of those players combined.

McGrady is done, and Redd isn't a franchise player. Brooks needs the pick and roll to be effective. Multiple teams want Sessions because he can do multiple things on the court.

Milwaukee would be dumb to pull the trigger anyways, because nobody in their right mind will go to Milwaukee if Sessions is gone, Redd is history, and all that's there waiting for them is Bogut and Jennings, who will probably bolt the first chance he gets.

Pass...

Brooks has shown a lot of promise this past season and why trade one bad knee for another bad knee? I like Sessions but I'm not exactly sold on him just yet.

Edited by Dash

Pass...

Brooks has shown a lot of promise this past season and why trade one bad knee for another bad knee? I like Sessions but I'm not exactly sold on him just yet.

but you're sold on a point guard who had a good 7 game series against the lakers last year being guarded by a 34 year old pointguard who is built rather than quick?

trust me. i'm not a fan of the bucks or rockets so i dont watch much of either, but i can still say for sure sessions had much more potential.

Sessions might turn out to be better but Brooks will still be solid point. What I don't like is trading McGrady for Redd, who has one more year on his contract and also coming off injury. I've said this many times during the offseason but sticking with T-Mac and grabbing a player or two in the 2010 bonanza is the better route.

In two years, Ramon Sessions will probably contribute more on offense than all of those players combined.

McGrady is done, and Redd isn't a franchise player. Brooks needs the pick and roll to be effective. Multiple teams want Sessions because he can do multiple things on the court.

Milwaukee would be dumb to pull the trigger anyways, because nobody in their right mind will go to Milwaukee if Sessions is gone, Redd is history, and all that's there waiting for them is Bogut and Jennings, who will probably bolt the first chance he gets.

Redd's not a franchise player, but I'd take him to Co-exist alongside Yao then T-Mac, that's for sure, at least Redd would probably be more willing to accept that role than She-Mac.

We don't even need Sessions, they can throw in Luke Ridnour if they want and I'd be in all in for it, just get rid of T-Mac.

Sessions might turn out to be better but Brooks will still be solid point. What I don't like is trading McGrady for Redd, who has one more year on his contract and also coming off injury. I've said this many times during the offseason but sticking with T-Mac and grabbing a player or two in the 2010 bonanza is the better route.

the thing is that sessions already IS better...

Don't forget about Jodie Meeks. I know it's the Kentucky homerism in me, but in a few season I feel he is going to be damn near Michael Redd's level. You can judge much from Summer League performances, but Jodie was balling.

Back on topic, this trade is very pointless.

Edited by Jamesus

Yeah, I would take Sessions easily over Brooks.

I agree. T-Mac isn't much anymore, and Redd is coming off an injury but I'd really, really would rather have Michael Redd than Tracy McGrady, plus it's not like Redd has an extended deal on his contract still. He has more year then Tracy. If I were the Rockets I'd jump all over this.