If Kobe Goes on to win 3 more rings, will he be better than Jordan?

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think rings are really accurate judgements you can use to judge players. So my opinion would stay the same, unless Kobe does something really special, or develops his game even more, which I don't think is possible.

MJ > Kobe

nothing wrong with that

The more I look at it, the more I think they were both great players for their ERA.

I think Kobe has a more polished offensive game while Jordan had a better defensive game.

But Kobe has a little edge, I think he is more clutch than MJ.

MJ was the better offensive player. He led his team to 6 chips, finals mvp in all of them. Kobe has 1 FMVP. And he put up 35+ ppg with ease, and a 50 % career FG shooter. I hate to admit it but nobody can top MJ, if Kobe gets 7 rings that is the one thing he will have over MJ besides 81.

I voted no. I believe Kobe will be up there. Jordan is actually what has made people watch the sport. Think about all the songs that came out. I dont hear a "Like Kobe.. If I could be like Kobe" hell nah that dont sound right. Yes Kobe is good but in words of Hutch Jordan = GOAT.

Not many fans would consider him better because of that. It'd be Kobe leading his team to 4 rings and being a co-leader on 3 while MJ led his team to 6. Or there will be other things to downplay Kobe's accomplishments compared to Jordan's.

If this 7 rings day ever comes, it'll be very more under-appreciated than appreciated.

Not many fans would consider him better because of that. It'd be Kobe leading his team to 4 rings and being a co-leader on 3 while MJ led his team to 6. Or there will be other things to downplay Kobe's accomplishments compared to Jordan's.

If this 7 rings day ever comes, it'll be very more under-appreciated than appreciated.

Yea... http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/3dlil/sad.gif

• Owner

Rings aren't the only things that make a player. Overall playing ability, individual and team success...put it all together, and nobody tops Jordan.

Remove the individual and team awards, though, and you have a pretty damn good argument. With that, nobody is closer to MJ than Bryant.

I hope this was a joke.

No, it's not a joke at all.

Kobe Bryant is better than Michael Jordan.

I had my whole argument on the old "OTR" site, and some saved in my PM's, and I don't feel like searching for some information again, however"

1. M.J. never won a playoff series without Scottie Pippen.

2. After Michael Jordan retired the first time, the Bulls only lost two more games.

3. His competition was far weaker than what Kobe Bryant faces.

4. He could never beat Shaq, Hakeem, or any team with a dominant Center.

5. The teams he beat were not that good, and that's just fact.

Edited by EastCoastNiner