Beasley's Dad says he doesn't use marijuana

Diesel

Michael Beasley Sr. made a series of radio appearances on Tuesday morning, revealing some details about his son.

Heat forward Michael Beasley entered into a rehab facility over the weekend for possible substance and psychological issues.

"It went from being fun to a job now," Beasley Sr. said of his son's basketball transformation after being the second overall pick. "So I think the demands of playing 82 games, making appearances, I think is taking a toll on him.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61291/20090825/beasleys_father_i_didnt_know_it_was_this_bad/

Ok so his dad says the photo wasn't in Beasley's home and that his son doesn't use marijuana which leads me to believe that Beasley was suicidal. It makes sense seeing as how he worked out in Houston to get away from everything. I really hope the guy the best and that he gets some anti-depressents or whatever they need to give him to get him on the right path. Get well Beas

• Owner

Lies. People used to say that Beasley would buy from friends in Topeka, KS, from Manhattan...and sometimes was caught in Kansas City with it, back in college.

Either way, doesn't really matter to me. I just hope he stays focused and gets it done.

marijuana isn't even a big deal. Checking into rehab because of weed? You don't see that often.

If he really is suicidal, then I wish him the best. I wonder what triggered it? I always thought he was a fun, good humored kid. I think one of the knocks against him during the draft was his immaturity, because he joked around too much. Never expected this from Beasley...

marijuana isn't even a big deal. Checking into rehab because of weed? You don't see that often.

I agree.

He probably has some major psychological issues he needs to take care of. But his dad is blind if he thinks Beasley doesn't smoke marijuana.