Pro-Vick / NAACP Rally

Guest VicNabb

Guest VicNabb
ESPN - The Philadelphia chapter of the NAACP is planning a massive demonstration to support Michael Vick at Lincoln Financial Field on Thursday.

Vick is expected to make his debut with the Eagles in a preseason game against the Jaguars.

"We believe Michael Vick has served his time, paid his debt to society and deserves a second chance and the animal rights groups want to hold him hostage for the rest of his life," J. Whyatt Mondesire, president of the Philadelphia chapter of the NAACP, told ESPN.com on Wednesday.

"We think that's patently unfair. It denies Michael Vick's basic civil rights, denies him his ability to make a living."

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/13410/20090826/pro_vick_march_planned_in_philadelphia/

I am all for Vick and the second chance and the fact that he paid his dues/punishment more than anyone expected.

However my response this is that these idiots IMO think it's more of a black vs white thing.

Leave it alone. Let it die out. Doing stuff like this will only drag it out more.

I honestly hope they go down to the game to see that the Animal Activists aren't even present.

This way they will look like the idiots they are on this particular day.

Would not be surprised if Al Sharpton is behind this, he seems to think when anything bad happens to black person it's because of white people being racist.

Exactly, the victim mentality is funny. Instead of worrying about racism so much, some of these people need to get jobs, I dont wanna end up paying taxes for people who refuse to work.