Suicide

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Owner

A lot of people that commit suicide aren't even in the right state of mind to begin with, so they really don't care and are literally numb to it. Sure, I can't stab myself right now. I'm pretty sure, though, that if I were mentally ill in a sense that I just couldn't cope with life, to the point where I felt the walls were closing in, I would get it done without hesitation.

Some hesitate. Some don't. Some won't even think about it.

The way you feel about the subject has nothing to do with age. I know two people who have committed suicide (know as in just know of and have spoken to before). One did it because of his wife leaving him with his kids, and the other never left a note or anything, just used a rope and a chair (went to school with him).

My take on it is that suicide is a weakness, a quick exit from your problems, and I refuse to respect that, especially when I've had more problems than either of those people and have never thought about killing myself, not once. Never wanted to just die. It's ridiculous.

There is no better gift in this world than life. Without it, you have nothing. If you want to reject that gift using your own hands, so be it...but that only tells me that you reject everything else, which includes respect you can give to everyone around you, and sympathy you could be given if you had decided to seek help on the matter, instead of locking your emotions up and throwing away the key.

It takes balls to admit you're wrong, and to seek help. It's extremely hard to do, especially among your friends and family. It's not only embarrassing, but it also builds uncertainty and insecurities within those around you, as well as yourself.

Once you decide you are worthless on this Earth, when you truly feel it and you could care less about anything else, that one bullet is a better friend than anyone around you, and it doesn't take balls to get it done, it takes stupidity and a lack of respect, for the life you have and for the people's lives around you, the ones (such as your parents) that would give their lives just for you.

A lot of people that commit suicide aren't even in the right state of mind to begin with, so they really don't care and are literally numb to it. Sure, I can't stab myself right now. I'm pretty sure, though, that if I were mentally ill in a sense that I just couldn't cope with life, to the point where I felt the walls were closing in, I would get it done without hesitation.

The way you feel about the subject has nothing to do with age. I know two people who have committed suicide (know as in just know of and have spoken to before). One did it because of his wife leaving him with his kids, and the other never left a note or anything, just used a rope and a chair (went to school with him).

My take on it is that suicide is a weakness, a quick exit from your problems, and I refuse to respect that, especially when I've had more problems than either of those people and have never thought about killing myself, not once. Never wanted to just die. It's ridiculous.

There is no better gift in this world than life. Without it, you have nothing. If you want to reject that gift using your own hands, so be it...but that only tells me that you reject everything else, which includes respect you can give to everyone around you, and sympathy you could be given if you had decided to seek help on the matter, instead of locking your emotions up and throwing away the key.

It takes balls to admit you're wrong, and to seek help. It's extremely hard to do, especially among your friends and family. It's not only embarrassing, but it also builds uncertainty and insecurities within those around you, as well as yourself.

Once you decide you are worthless on this Earth, when you truly feel it and you could care less about anything else, that one bullet is a better friend than anyone around you, and it doesn't take balls to get it done, it takes stupidity and a lack of respect, for the life you have and for the people's lives around you, the ones (such as your parents) that would give their lives just for you.

Without life you have nothing?

lol, without life, you dont even exist.

I love how everyone here 18 or older has the same opinion on suicide.

But the kids that are 13-14 here or whatever also have the same opinion, pretty funny.

Mac Dre doesnt take balls to kill yourself? Shoot yourself then...... lol NO BALLS

fair enough. but i dont want to make this thread personal, so i wont ask what your problems have been... but i, too, have had some problems were i just sat in my room and cried. i felt like i was worthless, but man counselors help so much. i was at a young enough age that i couldnt kill myself (not saying that i wanted to at all, no) or that i could prevent myself from going to counselors.

but really, when you say that you've had worse problems than these 2 guys that killed themselves, did you really think about killing yourself? i dont know the answer, but i do know that you're a very inteligent person, and it takes a person with a big lack of mind strength to think about suicide. this being said, it isn't entirely this persons fault about the suicide. they were born that way, and it must be hard to change.

like i've been saying... it completely depends. some people are driven to a crazy state in which they don't think about how stupid suicide would be or how much you'd be letting your family down. some people are regular, but just get bullied so much they feel like the whole world hates them. these people who aren't crazy probably would think about counseling then think to themselves that there is no way they could be helped.

i know that people such as your parents would give their lives for you, but when you're in the state of mind of suicide, then you really don't think about that type of stuff.

I was in serious depression and thought about suicide, I was trying to hold my breath but couldn't do it. It doesn't take balls to end your own life. It takes will and resolution that you'd accept it (ending your own life). Once I couldn't hold my breath any longer, that means I wasn't fully resolved to ending my life, and by the Nuggets Gods, I feel lucky not to do it.

I was in serious depression and thought about suicide, I was trying to hold my breath but couldn't do it. It doesn't take balls to end your own life. It takes will and resolution that you'd accept it (ending your own life). Once I couldn't hold my breath any longer, that means I wasn't fully resolved to ending my life, and by the Nuggets Gods, I feel lucky not to do it.

You cant kill yourself by holding your breath.

Why not? You're out of air you die. How do people suffocate?

From something or someone physically stopping your lungs from taking in oxygen.

You can't hold your breath to kill yourself, your brain tells you after a certain time to breathe in. You can strangle yourself, you can soffocate yourself with a pillow or something like that, but you can't just hold you breath straight up hahaha.

• Owner

You can probably pass out, but you won't die. There's a point where you can cut enough oxygen off to the brain that it staggers you and maybe puts you into shock, but you can't kill yourself that way.

If someone was choking you, yes. Different story.

im not one to say if your problems are worse than others.. but you dont know what problems people have. these people dont just have problems for a year or so and decide they want to end their life, no, they have had problems since they were a kid. growing up only builds on their pain and suffering. (dont know 100% sorry if im out of line) but you have had solutions to your problem and also you have had family friends to support you through your troubles. now go back to when u woke up and u were completely alone, you think no one cares, no one loves your, your hated by the world.

There is no better gift in this world than life. Without it, you have nothing. If you want to reject that gift using your own hands, so be it...but that only tells me that you reject everything else, which includes respect you can give to everyone around you, and sympathy you could be given if you had decided to seek help on the matter, instead of locking your emotions up and throwing away the key. these people dont think that why. this is were you guys dont understand fully. they think they are doing us (family and friends) a favor by ending their lives solves all the problems.

It takes balls to admit you're wrong, and to seek help. It's extremely hard to do, especially among your friends and family. It's not only embarrassing, but it also builds uncertainty and insecurities within those around you, as well as yourself. help doesnt always help. its not one of these miracle stories about a celeb that u hear on the news.

you cant say that because you dont know the state of mind of these people.

• Owner

There are people that end their lives because their wives leave them. If that's the problem, and they kill themselves because of that, oh well.

I might as well make an excuse for the people that shoot down a school full of children, because quite frankly, I just don't know what they are thinking, or what problems they are going through, at that time.

• Owner

I consider people weak-minded if they kill themselves over being teased in high school, also.

As Justin pointed out earlier, he's gotten teased about his weight. That didn't mean he went out and hopped off a bridge, although there are some who commit suicide because of that very reason.

And in most cases, people that commit suicide do it because they are weak-minded. Those that do it while influenced by drugs take those drugs to make it easier to do such a thing...but they had those thoughts for obstacles many people are able to overcome in life...and that's mainly why I don't feel much remorse for the majority of those who do take their lives.

If a doctor tells you that you have a month to live, and you go ahead and kill yourself...maybe I feel a little bad. But if you're drinking and you just lost your job and your wife, and you cut your wrists, I have no reason to feel any remorse for you.

In any case, if homeless people are strong enough to live on the streets for years, with no companion and few clothes, lack of money and no reason to be proud of their life or happy to be living it...then almost anyone can live with troubles.

Having not read the entire thread, please excuse my post if it's already been addressed.

I consider people weak-minded if they kill themselves over being teased in high school, also.

You have to remember that not everyone thinks the same. One person's small problem might be huge for someone else.

There's a theorist by the name of Maslow, who says a person can't survive without 5 'rights', as he called them. These were:

1. Basic Needs

2. Safety Needs (Physically and Mentally)

3. Psychological Needs, which included a sense of belonging

4. Self-Actualization

5. Peak Experience

(it's a heirachy, we all strive for stage 5 in a sense and you can go back after going forward)

He did studies on suicides, and he found that most (slightly over 58%) kill themselves because they never get past stage 3. He concludes that by the age of 13, if you're on stage 3 and don't feel like you belong somewhere where you have the rights and privileges to stage 2 with ease, the likelihood of bipolar (depression) skyrockets. And if by stage 4, your self interpretation if what people have made of you, Maslow found it's completely common for a lot of these young ones to commit suicide (paraphrased from Educational Psychology: Ed 9).

Sadly, most suicide commiters don't ever make it past a basic stage (equivalent to an 8 or 9 year old level), and then their brains are warped (unintentionally) into an image where suicide seems acceptable, to their own minds, at least.

• Owner

I understand that. I figured that more than half do it because they feel as if their lives have no meaning.

Well, the way I see it, anyone and everyone can seek help, and if there have been people helped before, it's possible for anyone to step away from it.

There have been those who have tried to commit suicide, and failed. Some are on medication, some aren't...but, ultimately, some are still alive and are actually doing better, glad that they failed.

So when I hear that, I think, "Why should I feel sorry for anyone that succeeds in committing suicide, when those that have failed, and are now doing better, were at rock bottom before pulling out of it?"

A possibility is endless if proven just once. Everyone has a chance to get help, and there's a possibility for everyone that it will save their lives.

I would expect people to call me stupid if I didn't get my eyes fixed, especially if I had all the means to get it done. If, mentally, I was crushed from waking up blind, and it made me sit and sulk forever...I would be a complete fool not to do something about it if the option was in my reach.

All of us go through time times, does that mean we're going to kill ourselves? No... the ones that do are doing a selfish and coward move

I read through this thread and you are pretty ignorant about the age crap.....seriously.

You guys are calling suicide selfish?

Look into each case, don't just come to conclusions. Some suicide stories are so depressing and sad that it's hard to hear about them. You can't just assume someone is being cowardly.

Of course you feel sad for the people mourning the person but that doesn't mean you just say that person was a weak coward in this world. You don't know what that person underwent and how strong they were in dealing with it.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest