LeBron James' New Documentary Is Both Fascinating and Disturbing

Will Brinson kicked it in Akron with Nike and LeBron James for the release of LBJ's new shoe and documentary. We're referring it as 'Ballin' With LeBron.'

LeBron's documentary, "More Than a Game," debuts in October. I recommend seeing it, especially if you care to learn more about the guy who might arguably go down as the greatest player in NBA history.

Sports documentaries are hard-pressed to be successful. Two problems usually arise: either we already know plenty about the subject at hand or we just don't care. In the case of LeBron James' documentary, "More Than a Game", that's somehow not the case.

This is a bizarre fact, of course, because the media and the basketball-watching world has been following LBJ since he entered high school at St. Vincent-St. Mary's in Akron, Ohio. Ergo, in theory, henceforth, etc., we should already know far too much about King James' life.

But that fact is also why the documentary about Bron's high school basketball career comes off so well -- there is an absolutely insane amount of footage relating to James and his friends as well as their SVSM seasons.

Which, honestly, is a little disturbing. I mean, right -- it has to be, I think; and it's okay, I'm just as morally conflicted about this as it sounds. This is a film that, because it chronicles Bron's years in high school, could have easily been released four or five years ago, if you want to really give a wide berth for editing.

Obviously the notion of releasing a documentary about yourself as a second or third-year player in the NBA is beyond absurd, but then again, isn't the whole notion of planning the same documentary?

(Rhetorical answer: Yes. Yes it is, regardless of how awesome you are.)

Link: http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/08/28/lebron-james-new-documentary-is-both-fascinating-and-disturbing/