Carlos Boozer will remain in Utah next season

Warren2ThaG

http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/carlos-boozer-011-180x179.jpg

Carlos Boozer will remain in Utah next season

Carlos Boozer has decided not to opt out of his contract with the Jazz. He will earn $12.7 million in 2009-2010 and become an unrestricted free agent next summer.

The Jazz haven't heard from Mehmet Okur yet, though Okur's agent said he is "leaning toward" opting out. Boozer's decision limits Utah's financial flexibility and could make it harder to match any offers for restricted FA Paul Millsap -- losing Millsap this summer and Boozer next summer has to be a worst-case scenario for Jazz fans. Jun. 30 - 5:40 pm et[/q[/img]

---

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705313973/Utah-Jazz-Boozer-not-opting-out-of-contract.html?linkTrack=rss-43

Edited by Warren2ThaG

Given his injury concerns, there was no way for Boozer to make more money this year. But this is going to be very interesting for him in 2010. I expect him to cash out big. Think:

Some team wants LeBron, or another star. They clear space for the magical 2010 free agency. But then, they lose. They don't get a superstar. And they've been clearing space, so they really need to get somebody. So they panic, and practically throw money at Carlos. I'd wager that this will be his last season in Utah.

Good, I didn't want him to go to the Cavs.

lol...Cavs fans hate him he wouldn't be coming here to begin with.

Getting Okur and Boozer just kept this team afloat i the playoff race. I really want to see this team healthy because they are right up their with LA, Denver, Portland, and San Antonio then.