Dwight demands Hedo come back

"I really would love for Hedo to stay, I really do. I believe that we can believe a championship. We came so close and we're right here. I really want Hedo to stay. He's been a big part in my development as a player and I hope he stays around. I think that lineup would be great…Hopefully he stays around. He's been here since I've been here so it's a little bit of a sad day because you're losing so many people that you basically grew up with, that's how I look at it. Since I've played, I've grown up since I was 18 until now and seeing some of those guys leave, it hurts." It's no secret that Dwight was more than a little upset at the news that his team had traded Courtney Lee to the New Jersey Nets in a package that brought back Vince Carter. First and foremost, C-Lee was Dwight's best friend on the team, and had quickly become one of the better rookies in the playoffs. His future is a bright one, and Dwight was looking forward to spending a lot of years sharing life on and off the basketball court with Courtney.

Then the trade went down. Lee gone to New Jersey. Dwight was crestfallen.

Aside from the loss of his best friend, Dwight also had an immediate knee-jerk reaction that was all about himself. Most pundits recognized that the acquisition of Carter meant the Magic had added an All-Star at the two who can create his own shot, knock down the three, and get to the line - a skill set that would have served the Magic well against Kobe Bryant and the Lakers. Dwight, however, was concerned that Carter's arrival might further limit his own touches. "The thing is with me, it's all about confidence and my ability and what I can do," says Howard. "I know everybody hears he doesn't have a post game, he needs to work on his post game and have a 'go-to' move. The coaching staff, we talked and it's tough to go to a move when you're getting triple-teamed and double-teamed. What I would tell the fans is keep supporting me. I'm going to keep working on my game like I've told my teammates. It's going to be nonstop. Making my moves a little bit stronger, faster, being able to shoot the ball, which I have the ability to do. Just shoot the ball with confidence, just expand my game. Hopefully next season, after working extremely hard this summer which I plan on doing, I'm looking forward to it."

You can listen to the full interview right here

Video footage of Dwight saying he wants Hedo back

Edited by magicbalala245

If I'm a Raptors or Blazers fan, I agree with you bluedevil. You guys are about to spend $10-11 million on him which is way too much if you ask me.

On the Magic, Hedo plays like a $10 million per year guy but it's because of our system, his role in the offense, etc. We have the perfect offense for him because he can shoot as much as he wants, has a big man down low which opens things up for him, he's alongside Rashard Lewis who really eases the load for him, and he is a great pick and roll player which we run nearly every possession.

If the team signing Hedo doesn't run the pick and role, have another reliable wing scorer, and a big man then you won't see the same results. There is a reason that Turkoglu was never a great player until he was surrounded by three guys who were each All-Stars last season. Sure, his confidence has gone up and he can probably contribute but if you're expecting more than 15-18 points per game and a couple rebounds and assists then you'll be disappointed. He's worth $10 million a year to the Magic because he's a perfect fit for our scheme and he has chemistry with our guys but for another franchise? No way.

It's pretty obvious he's gone now. We ruined our luxury tax when we signed Vince Carter. Damn shame.

Yeah, we're over the tax now. It sounds like we're still gonna make him an offer though and talks aren't dead so we'll see what happens. It does seem like the obvious answer to assume he's gone but I think we're basically thinking, "If we're going to go over, we might as well go all out." That could mean bringing Turkoglu back and having a potential All-Star at every position.

Alex: No, don't worry about Hedo. I hear that the Magic have backup plan. I hear they will offer MLE to Ron Artest, Otis is very interested in having him play for us, and the feeling is mutual. Ron Artest wants to come to Orlando. We will most likely land Artest for the MLE. After that, Dwight and Rasheed Wallace have been talking lately, seems likely that Rasheed will be willing to sign with us for the vet's minimum, because he loves the city and will do anything to win another ring. After that, rumors are that we may work a sign and trade around Anthony Johnson and JJ Redick to the Hawks for Mike Bibby. Then, we will have enough pieces, I heard that the Magic will then try to pursuade Jason Kidd to join us for the vet's minimum, to win a championship. I hear the feelings are mutual, that Kidd would not mind coming here if all this went down, as we would be clear cut favorites. He'd only sign a 1 year deal though, so he can go to NY in 2010. But still, this will be awesome.

pg: Nelson, Kidd

sg: Carter, Pietrus

sf: Lewis, Artest

pf: Sheed

c: Dwight

MAGIC FOR NBA CHAMPIONSHIPZZZZZZZZ EVERYONE WANTS TO PLAY FO USSSSSSSSSS