Nuggets get Western Conference high 22 back2back games

Who knew that a typically uneventful week in late August would produce so much Nuggets news that will test the team's character immediately.

First, we learned last Sunday night that Nuggets backup forward - and fan favorite - Renaldo Balkman managed to get himself arrested on "suspicion" of driving while under the influence of alcohol in Florida. Then mid-week, the Nuggets announced that backup center Johan Petro would be rejoining the team for a one-year minimum contract. And finally, the NBA laid the hammer on the Nuggets by suspending soon-to-be starting shooting guard J.R. Smith for the first seven games of the 2009-10 season. The suspension was for an incident that occurred two summers ago, but for which Smith was penalized with a month of jail time this summer.

Combine the J.R. suspension with the NBA "rewarding" the Nuggets with a Western Conference high 22 back-to-back games, and you can break out your "the NBA wants the Lakers to repeat" conspiracy theories early.

There's no reason to sugarcoat it: the Nuggets character is going to be tested right out the gate. With J.R. (and presumably Balkman) staying home for the first few games of the season, the Nuggets will open underhanded in two critically important games - at home against the always tough Jazz followed by a road date against the equally, if not more, tough Blazers in Portland. And it's not your average, run-of-the-mill back-to-back. It's the nasty "nationally televised" late night Wednesday game, meaning the Nuggets won't depart Denver until the middle of the night only to face a Blazers team waiting at home that didn't have to play the night before. I hope Arron Afflalo is watching Brandon Roy game tape already.

http://www.denverstiffs.com/2009/8/30/1008351/the-week-that-was-and-how-it

Oh man... :blink: we suck at the second games of back-2-back

• Owner
Combine the J.R. suspension with the NBA "rewarding" the Nuggets with a Western Conference high 22 back-to-back games, and you can break out your "the NBA wants the Lakers to repeat" conspiracy theories early.

See, this is why I don't read what many bloggers have to say. They don't do their homework.

The Lakers have 20 back-to-back games. Two of them contain the Nuggets, one on a second night.

I suggest he applies his knowledge to other teams' schedules before speaking on them.

See, this is why I don't read what many bloggers have to say. They don't do their homework.

The Lakers have 20 back-to-back games. Two of them contain the Nuggets, one on a second night.

I suggest he applies his knowledge to other teams' schedules before speaking on them.

lol I believe he's just exaggerating to keep us entertained in the summer. Twenty-two and twenty aren't much different but in the tight Western Conference when three teams had identical 54 wins but different seedings, it'd be huge. He is a good blogger though his blogs are some of the best I've seen (not boring or repetitive).