Blount suspended for season!!!

Guest VicNabb

Guest VicNabb
EUGENE, Ore. (AP) -- Oregon suspended running back LeGarrette Blount on Friday for the remainder of season for punching Boise State defensive end Byron Hout.

As Boise State began celebrating on their famous blue turf, Hout yelled in Blount's face and tapped him on the shoulder pad. Before Broncos head coach Chris Petersen could pull Hout away, Blount landed a right to Hout's jaw, knocking him to his knees.

Blount also had to be restrained by police officers from fans heckling him on the way to the locker room after No. 16 Oregon's 19-8 loss Thursday to the No. 14 Broncos.

Blount's suspension includes any bowl games. Coach Chip Kelly said Blount will remain on scholarship.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/09/04/blount-oregon.ap/index.html?eref=sihpT1

Hout was wrong for provoking him, but Blount was obviously the worse one in the situation by not keeping his composure and reacting so violently in the way he did.

..I wouldn't have suspended him for the ENTIRE season, though. Just for a couple games.

Guest VicNabb

As soon as I seen it my first thought was that he was done for the season.

Like said above, he did it on ESPN live TV. This is an extreme embarrassment for Oregon let alone the PAC10 and NCAA.

I don't understand how anyone can say he doesn't deserve to be suspended the whole year.

-Punched a player. Cheap shot I might add.

-Punches Teammate

-Attempts to attack fans.

That dude provoked him he had that [expletive] coming. I can see a month or so suspension but no a full season.

Honestly I know Blount deserves a suspension but lets take everything into account here. He was definitely provoked by the Boise player no question about it. Its also the kids senior year. You think Kelly would give him somewhat of a break so he could boost his stock in the draft. Now this kid has no shot of going where he could have been taken because some douche talked [expletive] to him.

If he were a sophomore or even a junior I'd understand but don't take away the kids senior season for that.

Their is taunting in every single game... at every moment; pre-game, during the game, and after the game. I understand he was taunted but still com'on. He punched the Boise player. Fine couple games, but no he doesn't just stop there. He goes off and hits his OWN teammate, then goes after the fans. If that's not worthy of a full season suspension then I'm not sure.

Honestly I know Blount deserves a suspension but lets take everything into account here. He was definitely provoked by the Boise player no question about it. Its also the kids senior year. You think Kelly would give him somewhat of a break so he could boost his stock in the draft. Now this kid has no shot of going where he could have been taken because some douche talked [expletive] to him.

[/Quote]

Some issues I have with this post.

Its also the kids senior year.[/Quote]

I'm sorry but the whole he is a senior thing is really a bad reason why a player shouldn't be suspended. So for example a sophomore does the same thing as a senior. The sophomore should get a month suspension and the senior should get a two week long suspension? In fact the seniors are supposed to be the "leaders". He needs to lead by example and blind siding is not only dangerous but a cheap shot.

You think Kelly would give him somewhat of a break so he could boost his stock in the draft.[/Quote]

No, he shouldn't. he should do what's right. I understand this guy is/was a second or third rounder, and will go down if drafted but Kelly didn't tell him to go hit the player. He made a bad choice. He has to live with it.

Now this kid has no shot of going where he could have been taken because some douche talked [expletive] to him[/Quote]

Once again not Kelly's fault, it's Blount's fault.

He was definitely provoked by the Boise player no question about it.[/Quote]

Provoked, taunted. Doesn't matter. Like I said in my post above. This happens during pre-game, during the game, and after. This case was a little bit worst than the average but com'on a cheap shot, a punch to his own teammate, and trying to attack the fans. Did his teammate provoke him to punch him?

Edited by Beastley

Dude was pissed and I'm sure he and the teammate are cool by now. The fans were talking [expletive] too. Did you see how fast they backed up once he started coming at them? If you're gonna talk [expletive] get ready for what comes back at you.

All right a player is pissed, so that gives him an excuse? That's a bad reason. Of course the fans are going to back-up... Blount is huge compared to the small fans. The fact that you're trying to say what he did isn't deserving for a season ending suspension is beyond me.

no man, did you see what the boise player did? he pushed blount's shoulder really hard after the 1st loss of the season and yelled something at the star player.