Should the Bucks match Sessions' offer?

Jenneral

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sessions was just offered a 4 year/16 million deal. The Bucks can still match that. Now the question is, should we?

I personally think we should. He proved that he can play at a professional level last year. Him and Villanueva were the reason for most of our wins last year. I don't think we can really afford to lose both of them in one off season. I'm not sold on Jennings just yet and I think it would be best to have another option at the point to keep his head straight and to keep him from thinking he's on top of the world.

That's just my thoughts though... :dribble:

• Owner

Yep. I'm more worried about Redd, though. If he doesn't come back 100% healthy, you can run a small backcourt, at least, and hope that Sessions and Jennings can get it done.

Don't be too down on Jennings, though. He can be pretty good. But having the security of a proven point guard (proven through one season, anyways) is better than just tossing a rookie in there to do the dirty work.

I'd definitely match it. The Bucks did draft Jennings to be their point guard of the future, but I don't think that they can afford to simply let a talented young point guard like Sessions just walk. Even if they don't have him as a part of their long term plans, I would still match the contract and who knows what kinds of trade scenarios will come up in the future.

I think it would be in their best interest to match the contract.

• 2 weeks later...