Changing Hosts

Real Deal

• Owner

I really can't deal with our current memory problems. I am unable to create new team skins because of it, and this will surely be a problem once we bring in our 50 members online at a time (like we have for the last season or two), so because November is approaching, I'm going to find us a semi-dedicated server, or possibly a VPS. Shared hosting is rubbish. No matter how much I try, I can't find a single host that does what they promise AND/OR provides us with what we need.

You all will be notified in advance when the move is happening. I'll send out emails and post it here on the forums. It may be next week, could be tomorrow, but our relationship with shared hosting has been about as bad as Bobby and Whitney's, so it's time to upgrade.

EDIT: We aren't losing posts, members, our domain name or our board software. Just moving hosts.

• Owner

Yeah, it should be put back up immediately for a few, maybe a couple of hours for some, maybe two days. It depends on your ISP.

Read up on domain propagation (Google it) if you're curious. It's a bit to explain. :)

Yeah, it should be put back up immediately for a few, maybe a couple of hours for some, maybe two days. It depends on your ISP.

Read up on domain propagation (Google it) if you're curious. It's a bit to explain. :)

Haha I can imagine. Well good to know we're not going to be sacrificing anything. I just hope I'm not one of the 2 day people. :(

• Owner

There are going to be a few posts lost, between 5:20 AM EST and 11:00 PM EST.

Things should be installed and fine for most, and some will have to wait a bit before seeing the forums (due to domain propagation).