Can Luol Deng Bounce Back?

Deng was a vital core piece to the Bulls back when they swept the Heat in 07 and gave the Pistons all they could handle in the second round. He averaged 19/7 and looked poised to become an All-Star calibre player.

Then last season Deng missed plenty of time and even when he was on the floor he had a limited role on the team and just didn't look like the Deng of old.

With Deng being healthy and Ben Gordon leaving via free agency will Deng be able to bounce back and get back to the player that the Bulls wouldn't include in a trade for Kobe Bryant?

• Owner

Deng will be fine. I think he came back a little early from the injury, that's all. Chicago will need him, though. I'm interested to see how Deng will work with Rose, Hinrich and Salmons...seems to be an interesting group of teammates, and one that could do some damage in the East in the next couple of years.

As far as the Bulls not trading Deng to the Lakers, the problem was that Bryant was declining the trades that sent him to Chicago for all of their players (he has the no-trade clause), while the Lakers wouldn't accept anything less, and the Bulls weren't going to trade two stars, possibly three, for him.

was never really a big fan of deng.i'll explain. i always try to compare all other sf's in the east to caron butler(favorite sf, and he's a wizard) and i would find it outrageous that people thought deng was better than butler. so this led to me analyzing deng more and realizing he isn't all he was cracked up to be. but, i do think with confidence, conditioning, a new season, and more room to flex he could get back to a productive state.

• 3 weeks later...