Schwartz Announces Stafford will be Sunday's Starter

Warren2ThaG

Schwartz Announces Stafford will be Sunday's Starter

Following Monday's Detroit Lions' morning practice, Head Coach Jim Schwartz announced that rookie quarterback Matthew Stafford will start this Sunday at New Orleans. Stay tuned to Detroitlions.com for further post-practice coverage and comments regarding Sunday's game.

http://www.detroitlions.com/index.cfm

I haven't paid any attention to how they've (or any team, for that matter) done in the preseason, but Schwartz must be pretty confident in the team around him if he's willing to throw Stafford into the fire this early. I don't expect a Matt Ryan- or Joe Flacco-like season for Stafford; he'll be throwing behind a lesser offensive line, and doesn't have as good a running game to rely on, either. He does, however, have Calvin Johnson. B)

Well, Culpepper's injury plays a part in this, and while Daunte had a good pre-season, better then Stafford's from games I seen, however if you look at the Buffalo game. First drive. He and Calvin were inseparable and looked like a Brady-Moss combination. It was seriously pitch and catch against the Bills' secondary. It was great.

We'll see how it plays out, I guess.