Do you follow teams or individual players?

Mike Hawk

Teams or Players?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only for basketball I follow the players. All other sports, the team.

I'm a Celtics fan, because I love watching the big three, and also Rondo once I watched him play.

I follow (and on 2 occasions on the 2005 and 2008 seasons) the Nuggets because of Melo, also 2 UNC players just got traded from the T-Wolves.

And now I also follow the Pacers since Tyler Hansbrough was drafted.

• Owner

Depends on what happens internally. If the Lakers were to just let Bryant go, or trade him for trash, there's a good chance I'm done watching them.

Unlike most, I'm an NBA fan first, for two reasons:

1) I wasn't born and didn't live anywhere near an NBA city (OKC just got the Thunder)

2) most in my family were football fans, so I didn't grow up needing to root for a certain team

When people point fingers at me for choosing someone like the Lakers, they don't understand how I got there. It was because of Kobe and the draft day trade. If it wasn't for that, and Charles Barkley getting traded to the Rockets, I'd probably be a Suns fan.

I can easily say that others are robots as they felt obligated to root for the same team their fathers pulled for, or root for the team hosted by the city they reside in...but I don't go that direction.

Saying that members are less intelligent, or even bigger homers, when rooting for players over teams? I disagree. I've seen that, though, and I've also seen true, die-hard team fans that are completely ignorant to the other 29 teams in the league, and believe their team will win 70 games every single season, despite the multiple 20-win seasons they continue to have.

Depends on what happens internally. If the Lakers were to just let Bryant go, or trade him for trash, there's a good chance I'm done watching them.

Unlike most, I'm an NBA fan first, for two reasons:

1) I wasn't born and didn't live anywhere near an NBA city (OKC just got the Thunder)

2) most in my family were football fans, so I didn't grow up needing to root for a certain team

When people point fingers at me for choosing someone like the Lakers, they don't understand how I got there. It was because of Kobe and the draft day trade. If it wasn't for that, and Charles Barkley getting traded to the Rockets, I'd probably be a Suns fan.

I can easily say that others are robots as they felt obligated to root for the same team their fathers pulled for, or root for the team hosted by the city they reside in...but I don't go that direction.

Saying that members are less intelligent, or even bigger homers, when rooting for players over teams? I disagree. I've seen that, though, and I've also seen true, die-hard team fans that are completely ignorant to the other 29 teams in the league, and believe their team will win 70 games every single season, despite the multiple 20-win seasons they continue to have.

Lol Real a Suns fan, imagine that. I just couldnt see it happening.

I followed the Lakers before Kobe and I'll follow them after. But if he were to go elsewhere I would still follow him, but my hope for his success would come secondary to my hope for the Lakers' success.

I always root for my home team the Wizards. Obviously if a big name player on our team was traded (Gilbert, Caron, Jamison), I'd still root for them wherever they went. Roger Mason left the Wizards and is now a Spur but I still root for him since he became one of my favorite players.

Players first, team second. Never really liked the Raptors and after the whole fiasco with Carter [i agree with what Carter did, [expletive]es] I just stopped giving 2 cents about the Raptors. Had they not drafted Bargnani, and hopped on so many of their players dicks [the fans] I might've considered 'cheering' for the "home" town team. But I've watched Celtics forever since the Antoine Walker days [[expletive]ing Beast] and I watch the Blazers cause of Aldridge/Roy/Bayless/Batum and Warriors so I could see some Brandan Wright.

• Owner

As a Jayhawk fan I like to follow how those players are doing in the NBA.

Yep, that's how I am with Hinrich, Chalmers and the others. But I can't root for Pierce, despite his allegiance to Kansas.

I actually dislike every player when they play the Lakers, even players that I have liked since they appeared in the league. Boozer, TP, Wade, 'Melo, Grant Hill, even the Carolina players a little bit. It's a whole different mindset when I see them making baskets on or defending my team.