Hornets Close To Trading Daniels To T'Wolves

The New Orleans Hornets are on the verge of completing a trade with the Minnesota Timberwolves to improve their depth, according to NBA front-office sources.

Sources tell Marc Stein that Darius Songaila and Bobby Brown will be traded to the Hornets in exchange for Antonio Daniels and a 2014 second round pick.

The deal is expected to be finalized later on Wednesday.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/615...de_with_wolves/

Really? Because the Hornets definitely won this trade.

Win-win trade.

Minny saves 4.8 million in 2010, add a veteran defensive presence to mentor Sessions/Flynn, and get a 2nd rounder to boot.

Win-win trade.

Minny saves 4.8 million in 2010, add a veteran defensive presence to mentor Sessions/Flynn, and get a 2nd rounder to boot.

i love antonio daniels, but he's always been a piss poor defender. that and his lack of a jumper were probably the only reasons i didn't like about him. t'wolves get a solid pg without head problems that can fill in if needed for short stints of time without screwing up the game. hornets get a versatile big man in songaila that can hit jumpers, free throws, and set good screens, and make heady plays.

i love antonio daniels, but he's always been a piss poor defender. that and his lack of a jumper were probably the only reasons i didn't like about him. t'wolves get a solid pg without head problems that can fill in if needed for short stints of time without screwing up the game. hornets get a versatile big man in songaila that can hit jumpers, free throws, and set good screens, and make heady plays.

Actually Daniels was a very decent defender for his position. But you are right about his jumper, which is virtually non existent. He'll help the Twolves out a lot by adding a veteran presence as well as a decent point guard IQ to mentor the younger guards.