kingfish

Where will these players rank for their position at the end of their careers

Albert Pujols - first base

Hanley Ramirez - Shortstop

A-Rod - 3rd base

Chase Utley - 2nd base

Joe Mauer - catcher

Tim Lincecum - starting pitcher

I say all of them will finish their careers as the best to ever play that position.

Albert Pujols - one of the greatest at his position

Hanley Ramirez - not sure if he will be a great, but remembered

A-Rod - one of greats

Chase Utley - great

Joe Mauer - great

Tim Lincecum - not 2 sure, he'll be good, but i doubt he'll be the top pitcher ever

Really stepping out on a limb there I see. :)

I think that water is wet.

Where will these players rank for their position at the end of their careers

Albert Pujols - first base

Hanley Ramirez - Shortstop

A-Rod - 3rd base

Chase Utley - 2nd base

Joe Mauer - catcher

Tim Lincecum - starting pitcher

I say all of them will finish their careers as the best to ever play that position.

Pujols is tough, there has been a lot of great first baseman. I'd say yes but not by much. Hanley is still a long way off he may not even make the hall of fame. If he continues doing what he's doing he will probably make it but no he will not be the greatest SS to ever play the game. Utley I mean maybe offensively 2B is an evolving position we've never really had this man 2B's in the majors that are so successful offensively and homeruns wise. Right now I definitely have Jeff Kent over him, Utley bit of a better bat, Kent better glove. Catcher is another position we are start to see more and more sucess at however Joe Mauer is also a long way off especially as a catcher, most catchers are judge but their longevity. Honestly just because he plays in the AL and has the DH I'd prolly never give him credit over Johnny Bench or Yogi Berra. A-Rod is in my opinion the greatest all around player to ever play the game besides Babe Ruth so yeah greatest 3B/SS of all time. Lincecum I mean come on the kids pitched 3 years, you remember what happened to Dontrelle Willis? Not to be a dick but It's laughable you have Mauer Hanley Utley and Lincecum becoming the greatest players at their positions of all time. Yes they've had a few great years but in baseball its about getting it done over a career, all 4 of those guys have soooo much more to prove. In the end even if those 4 stay as good as they are or even get a bit better they will not be the greatest at their positions.

Edit: You asked where I think they will rank, I'll answer it as best as I can because some of these guys have such a small sample size.

Pujols - 1

Hanley - 5-10

A-Rod - 1

Mauer - 5-10

Utley - 5-10

Lincecum - 15-20

Edited by Fish7718

Good post :)

Hanley is just ridiculous, and so young. Hes shown no signs of slowing down, I mean have we really seen this kind of shortstop before? Take a good long look at his numbers, he is probably just as good as A-rod when he was a short stop.

Mauer is also scary good. Hes already won a batting title. Hes probably going to get another one this year, look at his power numbers as well. A great defensive catcher with those kind of numbers, are you kidding me?