Chargers rule out RB Tomlinson vs. Ravens

ChosenOne

Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson has been ruled out of the Week 2 matchup with the Ravens.

Tomlinson suffered a sprained right ankle against the Raiders on Monday night, and it has kept him out of practice all week. Darren Sproles and Michael Bennett likely will split the Chargers’ running back duties against the Ravens.

They will run behind a less-than-full-strength offensive line. Center Nick Hardwick (ankle) has been ruled out, and guard Louis Vasquez (knee) is questionable. Tackle Marcus McNeill (hand) is listed as probable. All three suffered injuries against the Raiders last week.

NFL.com

Not a good way to start the season.

LT is not even the best rb on the team, let alone league.

I'm going to re-iterate this for people. Sproles is overrated as a back. Tomlinson still does more for San Diego then Sproles does.

Yes, Sproles is arguably the best return man in the league. He's explosive, and he can thrive catching the ball out of the backfield and making plays in the open field. Everyone knows that, because he's shown it.

Yet, so can Reggie Bush, so can Jerome Harrison, so can Stefan Logan. If you really look at it, there's a lot of undersized backs that actually carry the load, something Sproles cannot do. He's good for 10-12 carries a game, anymore and I guarantee you he would break down in a couple weeks. He's going to be criticized down the line by the same people who're doubting Tomlinson because he won't be durable.

Ask any coach in the league, they'll tell you when LT gets back on the field, teams will gameplan for him more then they do for Sproles.

I just don't see the fuss about the kid. He's a dynamic player, but he's one-dimensional in the fact that he gets by on incredible speed. Let him run between the tackles for a full game or two, then we'll see.

I'm going to re-iterate this for people. Sproles is overrated as a back. Tomlinson still does more for San Diego then Sproles does.

Yes, Sproles is arguably the best return man in the league. He's explosive, and he can thrive catching the ball out of the backfield and making plays in the open field. Everyone knows that, because he's shown it.

Yet, so can Reggie Bush, so can Jerome Harrison, so can Stefan Logan. If you really look at it, there's a lot of undersized backs that actually carry the load, something Sproles cannot do. He's good for 10-12 carries a game, anymore and I guarantee you he would break down in a couple weeks. He's going to be criticized down the line by the same people who're doubting Tomlinson because he won't be durable.

Ask any coach in the league, they'll tell you when LT gets back on the field, teams will gameplan for him more then they do for Sproles.

I just don't see the fuss about the kid. He's a dynamic player, but he's one-dimensional in the fact that he gets by on incredible speed. Let him run between the tackles for a full game or two, then we'll see.

I don't even know if he's the best return man, he dropped like every kickoff in that SD/OAK game. Personally I think Devin Hester and Joshua Cribbs are alot better as complete return men.