Time to kick it into third!

Real Deal

• Owner

Alright, we have less than two weeks to wait for the start of the NBA pre-season (Oct. 1).

It's time we kick it into third gear.

Post, recruit (do NOT spam), promote, and please do your best to respect every member on the board. We want to keep everyone here, doesn't matter the fanbase. This is our second chance. We had the first ripped from our grasp. It's time we make the best of our second one.

OTR shirts will be available soon, along with other items in our store (mouse pads, clocks, bags, etc.), and we hope to have our database of players up and running very soon, so we can provide all of you with rosters, schedules and other features not offered by your typical basketball message board.

Less than two weeks...that's it. It's time we start preparing for the end of a long, long off-season, and the start of what promises to be an excellent 2009-10 NBA season. :dribble:

• Owner

I'm sure a lot of people bolted after the board was hacked. I won't lie...it really hurt us in the end. People don't like to lose all of their hard work, and that's why I put the site back up, the most I could do, really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

This hack hurt us, badly. I'm going to admit that, for some reason, the hack either scared off members, or convinced them to jet for other reasons. I don't know why.

Basketball season is just around the corner, and I can't wait. We need November to be here right now.

Soon, we're going to restart our podcast, possibly with a new name. I'll see about some changes we can make along the way (with the forums, maybe), completing the home page, and adding those player profiles and team pages.

I won't ever raise the white flag. I just need some help from more than just a few of our dedicated members. The recruiting isn't even a big deal, it's that the activity is so low, it's hard to grasp anything and clutch onto it for this long without NBA basketball. Shifting to becoming an all-sports site is not an option, either, because to date, we and InsideHoops are the only true NBA discussion sites still going strong in regards to our basketball talk (during the season).

I'll probably start writing some articles in the next couple of days, and promote them on AllDayNBA as well, and see if I can combine a blog site with the forums, promote both, and in turn, bring more traffic to OTR. I'll post them in multiple places and use Digg and other sources as well.

Other than that, I don't know...but the forums aren't going to die on my watch. Not a chance.

This hack hurt us, badly. I'm going to admit that, for some reason, the hack either scared off members, or convinced them to jet for other reasons. I don't know why.

Basketball season is just around the corner, and I can't wait. We need November to be here right now.

Soon, we're going to restart our podcast, possibly with a new name. I'll see about some changes we can make along the way (with the forums, maybe), completing the home page, and adding those player profiles and team pages.

I won't ever raise the white flag. I just need some help from more than just a few of our dedicated members. The recruiting isn't even a big deal, it's that the activity is so low, it's hard to grasp anything and clutch onto it for this long without NBA basketball. Shifting to becoming an all-sports site is not an option, either, because to date, we and InsideHoops are the only true NBA discussion sites still going strong in regards to our basketball talk (during the season).

I'll probably start writing some articles in the next couple of days, and promote them on AllDayNBA as well, and see if I can combine a blog site with the forums, promote both, and in turn, bring more traffic to OTR. I'll post them in multiple places and use Digg and other sources as well.

Other than that, I don't know...but the forums aren't going to die on my watch. Not a chance.

I can probably offer some help if you need it since I've ran forums and sites before. Let me know.