Leon Powe now a Free Agent

Here's what Powe had to say:

“Of course I was disappointed, because I want to come back,” Powe said today. “I love the fans. It was just a wonderful place to play.”

Powe walked away from his conversation believing that his time as a Celtic was finished.

“I wasn’t feeling a vibe like that,” he said of whether he got the sense the Celtics might be interested in re-signing him later in the summer. “I knew they wouldn’t (offer a qualifying offer), so I just have to move on.

“That’s what they told me,” Powe said of whether his connection with the Celtics was finished. They told me, ‘Good luck with another team.’ Doc (Rivers) told me that he wanted me there, and he would do whatever he could to make sure I came back, but Danny came to me yesterday saying that they only have a two-year window, and I would be taking up a roster spot for someone else.”

Here's what Powe's agent had to say:

What does it say when a player like Leon Powe, a great human being, who played through injury and pain for three straight years for the Boston Celtics, including in a playoff game after tearing his ACL, is rewarded by the team saying to him "we only have a short window to win, and you are not a part of our plans because you are now injured."

It shows you the true state of the NBA.

The Celtics are traditionally a class act. I have great respect for the organization as a whole, but they truly missed it on this one.

Denver should go after him if we can. I always liked this guy so if he doesnt resign with Boston why not go after him?

They had him once and gave him away.

Guy was so good coming out of college, so talented cant believe he fell to the 2nd round but he showed everyone how good he is during his time with the Celtics.

Celtics offcailly have no class telling Lean Powe good look with another team. Get out of here Celtics. You shouldn't say that to nay player

where did it say that? They let him go because they wanted to get Big Baby more than Leon and Boston can still get him back.

Celtics offcailly have no class telling Lean Powe good look with another team. Get out of here Celtics. You shouldn't say that to nay player

Whoa, hold ur horses. The NBA is a business, if the Celtics have "no class", then who in the NBA has class in that case? Im sure every team has done this at one time or another, it in no way shows that they dont have class. Leon clearly understands why we didn't offer him the qualifying offer. His agent is the one who said Danny said that, and im pretty sure he exaggerated what Danny said to make us out to be some bad guy..