Flynn disappointed Rubio not joining Wolves

Drafted right behind Rubio in June, Flynn expected to share time at point guard with the Spanish 18-year-old besides playing alongside him occasionally in a small and quick backcourt.

As disappointed as the Timberwolves are that Rubio will be staying in Spain for at least the next two seasons, Flynn had to be pleased with the side benefits, right? Not so fast.

"Especially for a guy like me, he can make me so much better," Flynn told The Associated Press. "I would have sat here and learned from him. I would have taken things out of his game and put them into my game.

Link

Edited by headliner1

I think Flynn will reconsider and be quite fine with Rubio not joining the T-Wolves since it leaves Flynn more time on the court and with a perfect opportunity to even make a run at Rookie of the Year.

:lol: @ this, sorry I think Flynn is a bust

I like humility he displayed here, even it was bull[expletive] it was nice to read and see him assume he would not be starting over him.

• 2 weeks later...