Organizations dont win championships, players do - Jordan (HOF speech)

xx.

"Organizations don't win championships. Players do."

do you agree with it? and honestly lets think about the history in the past where can you give examples where the team executives or front office actually won a championship not the players

Edited by NeTs15VC

Well, this is a one-can't-work-without-the-other, thing. Without the players, the organization wouldn't win. Without the organization, there wouldn't be players to compete in the first place. The organization brings the players together, and it's the player's job to do the work and compete. Credit is due both ways, as well as to the coaches. Don't forget that coaches are a big part to a successful team as well.

did any of you guys notice how cocky he was in his speech? i mean so much respect to him and he has all the right to be cocky, but i mean it seemed a bit too much..

A lot of people have been talking about that. I never noticed that, personally. I think people are being too skeptical and taking his speech too seriously.

did any of you guys notice how cocky he was in his speech? i mean so much respect to him and he has all the right to be cocky, but i mean it seemed a bit too much..

Jordan was the cockiest mutha [expletive]er when he was on the court so why does he have to change now? He was himself.

I bet if Kobe said something like this, all hell would break loose.

I bet if Kobe wasnt in the title, or the post or anywhere relating to this, his name would still be mentioned in this. No [expletive] people would be over this, players have different reps, If Kobe said this the media would be on this, if Artest said this everyone would laugh at it because they know hes an idiot who likes to blurt out stupid things. If T-Mac said it, everyone would be like, how would you know, you havent a played game in the 2nd round yet, and seriously who cares?

That's stupid. The "organization" is the reason the player can win anything. Almost every superstar that's played in the NBA (Kobe, LeBron, Shaq, etc.) has fought through a season (or more) of missing the playoffs. At least untile the (gasp) organization built a team around him.

Am I the only person that's observed his work in the front office of Charlotte? Jordan has proved that he could play basketball, but he is miserable at thinking of, talking about, or evaluating players of the game.

Let him go ahead and talk about "organizations" as if he understands them. I can't wait to see the follow-up to D.J. Augustin over Brook Lopez.

• Like 1

• Owner

As far as his cockiness goes, that's Jordan. He was always like that. Growing up watching him, you'd think he didn't give a [expletive] about anyone, not even his teammates...but the crazy thing was, he won championships, and he made his teammates win them as well, forcing them to play good, coaching them, etc.

I wasn't too fond of his attitude during the speech, but overall, the speech was awesome. MJ went through his career with tons and tons of doubters. The problem was, a lot of them were in the league with him. Players would doubt MJ as much as the media did his first six years in the NBA, and most of them would talk that trash to his face, a great example of this being Xavier McDaniel, as much as he whined about Jordan's ability to score during games (foul line, and that's it), or John Starks and the amount of trash he would spit in Jordan's ear during games.

Jordan ended up punching them, lights out, at the end of his career, becoming the greatest basketball player of all-time. The speech was a reassurance of that, and also a motivational tool for future players in the league.