Chris Bosh Injured Hamstring

Still awaiting official confirmation but the chatter is that Chris Bosh may be nursing a tweaked hamstring and could sit out the start of Raptors training camp next week.

The word out at the foundation event this morning is that it’s a setback, not huge, but still not a great way to get the season underway.

It’s unclear exactly how Bosh, who I’m told spent a lot of time this summer working on his body and his game, got himself a little banged up. But he is and now they have to deal with it. I do know he’s been in town a few days going through workouts and scrimmages with the other Raptors.

Source

He better wait until he is fully recovered before he starts working out and things like that again. I don't want another Jose Calderon fiasco this year, but worse because it would be Bosh. Last year Calderon hurt his hammy in the Olympics and as Raptor fans all know it lingered throughout the entire season and definitely had an impact on his play on the court. The Raptors cannot afford Bosh to be hampered by the same kind of thing this year.

I know that it may seem like an overreaction as it is probably just a minor tweak or something, but you have to be careful with things lik hamstring injuries because they are very easy to re-aggrivate.

I think it’s something to worry about. If it’s just a strain it should heal in no time. The raptors are doing the right thing by resting him for the beginning of the camp. I believe Calderon’s situation was more serious then than this one so I would worry so much about it. It’s just a disappointment to hear about something like this when the season hasn’t started yet.