Offseason additions give Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins plenty to work with, worry about

La Bomba

Somehow, Hollins must find a way to blend the domineering games of new additions Allen Iverson and Zach Randolph with his young, impressionable Grizzlies. And he has to do so without overseeing chaos and mortgaging the team's long-term future.

Hollins, who goes by the nickname "Train," sounds like the "Little Engine That Could" when he talks about those thoughts running through his mind during drive time.

He thinks he can.

"I've allowed myself at different times to imagine the possibilities," Hollins said. "Once we made the (big offseason) deals, whatever negatives have been out there have departed from my thought process. I think about how we can be a really good offensive team. I envision the ball really moving, us getting an open shot and the crowd goes wild.

"I see us deflecting the ball on defense, creating a turnover and finding an open man down-court. It leads to an easy score and the crowd goes crazy. ... I can't spend time trying to address critics. My energy and focus is trying to get us to a point where we can be competitive every night."

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/sep/28/grizzlies-open-training-camp-room-to-grow/