NBA 2k10 Demo

DWhiTex34

:D

I think after 2005 and 2006 is when the decline happened. They tried to get too advanced which ruined a lot of things.

At least try the 2k10 demo. There is no way the realism of this game doesn't impress you the least bit, especially comparing to 05-06 games.

I'm nervous about getting this. I keep seeing all these threads posted on video game forums saying that the game isn't as good. It's hard for me too because the ps3 demo doesn't come out until 10/6.

If I liked 2k9 will I like this game?

I'm nervous about getting this. I keep seeing all these threads posted on video game forums saying that the game isn't as good. It's hard for me too because the ps3 demo doesn't come out until 10/6.

If I liked 2k9 will I like this game?

What did they have to complain about? That they can't dunk 40 times a game, do constant random dribble moves and expect to get by their man, throw lead passes to big men in traffic, do dribble moves with big men, constantly run in circles after inbound passes without getting their players tired, and shoot threes in peoples faces and still expect them to go in? :lol:

2k9 was sort of like the warm up to this game. You'll see a lot of the things that were in 2k9, but you'll also see and feel a lot of changes and adjustments to the game. Most of them positive, imo. Some controls are slightly different, like for instance on xbox 360 it's now the left trigger to do dribble moves instead of the right trigger like before (which was sprint, so before you were sprinting and doing dribble moves at the same time). Posting up is automatic now, and post moves so far have been a bit awkward for me, even though almost every post move I try seems to go in with players like Gasol, but still that's the only issue I'm personally having. I'm sure if I mess around in the tutorial enough in the full game I'll start to get the hang of them.

In the demo, if you don't like the sideline camera angle, it'll probably ruin some of the feel for the game. I just use the demo to try to look for positives and faults of the game. Positives include much smoother jumpshots. Another one is how each team felt different to play with. It wasn't just the different players, I could really feel the different style and pace of each team. Try switching between the magic and lakers and you'll see what I mean. Also, each player seems to play onball defense a bit differently. Try switching playing on ball from derek, to kobe, to ron. You definately get a different feel between each player. One thing I noticed is when using Kobe Bryant on offense, it was noticeably harder to get around Pietrus than Carter.

I think the thing I like most about this game is the new stamina meter they have that prevents players from sprinting and running at full speed their entire time on the court. It's much more realistic this way, since you can actually get a feel for the fatigue of the players, plus people won't be able to have their fingers glued to the right trigger the entire game.

The artificial intelligence is also much improved in this game. If you play an impatient game of running after steals and whatnot, you're probably gunna wind up leaving you're opponent with wide open jumpers and layups. On offense, it's also a bit better to work the ball around with different players than try to do everything with one guy.

Everything in this game just has a much more realistic feel to it than before. Scoring is somewhat realistic (just about every time I play I get around 8-14 points in the 4 minute quarter), the AI seems to play in a more realistic fashion, the ball fumbles in peoples hands at about the right time, and more things that I just can't think of at the moment. Shots do seem to go in more often than they should, though, but that probably has a lot to do with the difficulty set by the demo (probably on Easy in an Easy-Medium-Hard setting).

The only issue and downside I find personally is the game is still too offensive oriented for a game that focuses on simulation rather than the arcade dunkathon that is NBA Live. I know there isn't play calling and you can't adjust your settings in the menu yet (like player matchups) until the full game, but other than just controlling individual players, there is still a lack of defensive strategy to the game. You pretty much have to rely on the other 4 AI controlled players to know what to do, or to constantly switch between guys to try to bring them to a better position or else leave the opposing players moving without the ball or getting screens left wide-open.

So, to answer your question briefly, I would think that most people who enjoyed 2K over Live last year will probably do the same this year, especially if you are looking for a gameplay more realistic to what you see when watching a real life basketball game. If you are looking for more of an arcade style of play, however, then Live is for you.

Edit: Wow, I had no idea I wrote so much.. sorry about that :P

Edited by Poe
  • Like 2

^Awesome post.

Scoring with guys like Kobe/Dwight/Pau seemed to way too easy. On the other with role players and starters, I really struggled to score but I'm pretty sure I'll get the hang of it eventually.

Anyone notice if you get within 5 feet of the basket its an auotmatic score no matter what?

Some realistic game this is. In this one quarter demo its pretty easy to shoot 100 %.

The only reason the AI's defense is less responsive and a higher percentage of shots go in is because of the mode the demo is set to. From playing 2k games regularly the past few years, i can tell the difficulty is clearly not in it's maximum. When you get the full game, during or before gameplay set the game to the highest difficulty setting, and then try the same 5 foot shots.

Anyone notice if you get within 5 feet of the basket its an auotmatic score no matter what?

Some realistic game this is. In this one quarter demo its pretty easy to shoot 100 %.

i think ure makin [expletive] up lol, ill miss layups with kobe when driving.

This game looks sick.

Since I'm not getting it for a month after it comes out, would someone be willing to play a game or two with the Bucks and let me know how they are?

Sure thing :)

I'll see if I can get it and play it on the day it comes out (Tuesday). I'll let you know what I think.

• Like 1

Sure thing :)

I'll see if I can get it and play it on the day it comes out (Tuesday). I'll let you know what I think.

Awesome! Thanks!

I hope it's not like previous games where no matter what a team's record, the stands always seem to be 100% full.