Latest Magic Rumors

A.K.

These are things I've read from other boards and a couple other places. Take it with a grain of salt.

Apparently, the Magic still feel confident that they can get Hedo back. They're waiting for everything to calm down before they make an offer to him and seeing what other teams are willing to give up. Hedo wants to come back and talks aren't dead as earlier reported.

Rasheed Wallace has narrowed his choices down to the Spurs, Celtics, Magic, Nuggets, and Cavs. I guess we're pushing really hard to get him and David Aldridge has reported that it's down to Orlando and San Antonio so we'll see what happens.

Ron Artest is another guy that we're going after. His agent said that Orlando and Los Angeles are two options for the forward if he decides not to resign with the Yao-less Rockets. Apparently it's been confirmed that we're pursuing him and he just wants the full MLE so we'd sign him if we couldn't get Sheed

Gortat is gone. We can't afford to match the big contracts that New York, Dallas, Houston, and Indiana are offering. We'll miss ya Polish Hammer!

The Vince move makes more sense now, regardless of whether or not we got Turkoglu back. Apparently, Hedo asked for too much and said he wouldn't return, Otis pulled the trigger on the deal, and now Hedo is lowering his value. But regardless, in the summer of 2010 VC has a team option worth $18 million. That means that the Magic could add a huge name while still keeping their core (Dwight, Shard, Nelson, Pietrus) intact. Rumor has it Dwight has talked to Dwyane Wade but who knows.

Rashard is dating Rhianna! That one was for your N4S!

In the offseason of 2010, they have the option to terminate Vince's contract. Considering he'd be almost 35 and that offseason is packed with huge free agents, they'll likely let him go. This brings $18 million off the books plus four $4 million for Redick's expiring. Not to mention the Magic still have five roster spots to fill for this season so they could really shoot for 2010 by not giving any big deals this summer. By that summer, we will (or could, I shouldn't get ahead of myself) have more than enough money to sign one of the top free agents. Wade has been mentioned because he's tight with Howard, we need a guard, and he could stay in Florida. Like I said, it's just something I've been hearing but crazier things have happened.

That'd be amazing though. We'd have our starting lineup locked up for at least four seasons together:

Jameer Nelson

Dwyane Wade

Mickael Pietrus (or FA)

Rashard Lewis

Dwight Howard

Edited by Swish